User Tag List

Thread: Kyle Rittenhouse - will he be convicted of murder?

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kyle Rittenhouse - will he be convicted of murder?

I haven't really been following the trial, but some people say he was acting in self defence, and did nothing wrong. He is about my age, but he seems pretty stupid for an 18 year old. What say you - a stupid murderer, or a victim who was acting in self defence - and what should his sentence (if convicted) be?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to William For This Useful Post:

Gamewell45 (11-09-2021)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is an excellent question; depending on who you listen to it can range from dismissal of charges to life imprisonment.

Speaking for myself, I wonder what was the child thinking when he left home with his rifle and headed out of state to "protect" other's property? To me it makes no sense whatsoever to claim his intentions were other then to "get into the action" or "thrill seeker" fantasy that many teenagers have at that age. Kid's lucky he didn't end up dead IMO.

So the kid travels to Wisconsin with his rifle, arrives on the scene, falsely announces that he is an EMT and is here to help people, he then crosses the line and ends up killing 2 people and injuring one other. If you look at his background you'll see he was a junior fire cadet at one time as well.

https://abc7chicago.com/kenosha-shoo...video/6393073/

Either way it'll be interesting to see how this plays out in the end.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamewell45 View Post
    That is an excellent question; depending on who you listen to it can range from dismissal of charges to life imprisonment.

Speaking for myself, I wonder what was the child thinking when he left home with his rifle and headed out of state to "protect" other's property? To me it makes no sense whatsoever to claim his intentions were other then to "get into the action" or "thrill seeker" fantasy that many teenagers have at that age. Kid's lucky he didn't end up dead IMO.

So the kid travels to Wisconsin with his rifle, arrives on the scene, falsely announces that he is an EMT and is here to help people, he then crosses the line and ends up killing 2 people and injuring one other. If you look at his background you'll see he was a junior fire cadet at one time as well.

https://abc7chicago.com/kenosha-shoo...video/6393073/

Either way it'll be interesting to see how this plays out in the end.
    From what I see from the trial news, the judge is supportive of the defence - so I doubt he will be convicted of murder or manslaughter. Perhaps a firearm violation. If he were convicted of murder, I would not like to see him sent to an adult prison (even though he is now technically an adult).

I think he is very immature, and may possibly have mental problems. An institution of some sort which has rehabilitative capabilities would be best - and where he could realise what he has done and develop some contrition for the lives he has taken and the anguish (both physical and mental) he has caused to so many families. To execute him, or lock him up for life, would achieve nothing and would not bring back any of the people he killed.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    From what I see from the trial news, the judge is supportive of the defence - so I doubt he will be convicted of murder or manslaughter. Perhaps a firearm violation. If he were convicted of murder, I would not like to see him sent to an adult prison (even though he is now technically an adult).

I think he is very immature, and may possibly have mental problems. An institution of some sort which has rehabilitative capabilities would be best - and where he could realise what he has done and develop some contrition for the lives he has taken and the anguish (both physical and mental) he has caused to so many families. To execute him, or lock him up for life, would achieve nothing and would not bring back any of the people he killed.
    I agree with you that Rittenhouse most likely has some mental issues that need to be addressed; either way he'll have to live with what he did for the rest of his life.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full