User Tag List

Thread: Is The Republican Party Splitting?

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is The Republican Party Splitting?

They ousted Liz Cheney for telling the truth.

The party of lies can't stand anyone telling the truth.

Some Republicans want to think right wing politics is virtuous and hold on to 'small government' ideals without lying to themselves or the world.

I think a party split was always in the offing. Trump was never a Republican, but he brought them votes, so they looked the other way and took the power.

Now, push has come to shove.

Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Useful Post:

Gamewell45 (05-13-2021)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think time will tell what ends up happening to the republican party; some believe that the numbers wouldn't have much of an impact since most of them would be the neo con's of the party and never trumpers, while others feel the possible loss of members of the party could negatively impact the election in '22 and '24. I think both sides make compelling arguments which is why I'm content to wait and see what ultimately transpires, especially since I do not belong to any political party.

Either way, I think that Barry Goldwater is turning over in his grave.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

PoliTalker (05-14-2021)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just more of the "party of hypocrisy" showing they don't really care about the shit they say and accuse others of doing. I mean, they were just whining about the "cancel culture" and then they go and cancel Liz.
    Searching for the truth

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ATLien For This Useful Post:

Gamewell45 (05-14-2021), PoliTalker (05-14-2021)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello ATLien,

Quote Originally Posted by ATLien View Post
    Just more of the "party of hypocrisy" showing they don't really care about the shit they say and accuse others of doing. I mean, they were just whining about the "cancel culture" and then they go and cancel Liz.

Cancel culture, right on.

Liz got cancelled.

I guess we won't be hearing about cancel culture any more.

That will vanish just as quickly as 'freedom fries' did.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Useful Post:

Gamewell45 (05-14-2021)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Gamewell45,

Quote Originally Posted by Gamewell45 View Post
    I think time will tell what ends up happening to the republican party; some believe that the numbers wouldn't have much of an impact since most of them would be the neo con's of the party and never trumpers, while others feel the possible loss of members of the party could negatively impact the election in '22 and '24. I think both sides make compelling arguments which is why I'm content to wait and see what ultimately transpires, especially since I do not belong to any political party.

Either way, I think that Barry Goldwater is turning over in his grave.
    Trump threatened them into submission right there in the first place, during the 2016 campaign. He said if they didn't nominate him that he would take his support and form a third party.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Useful Post:

Gamewell45 (05-14-2021)