Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: House Passes Bill

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    And I don't think many 2nd graders are exactly dressing out nor going to the showers after playtime during recess.

Ridiculous.

That doesn't happen until middle school.
    I suspect for many, particularly for the baby boomer generation, it'll be a tough pill to swallow but there will probably be far and few transgenders in the schools; most will likely use the stalls anyhow and eventually people will grow accustomed and acceptance will occur, just like when the Jim Crow laws were declared illegal it took time for that to be accepted by the masses. Come back in 50 years and I think many of us will be amazed at the changes that have taken place. Just my opinion.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Solo,

"A storm in a teacup."

Well put, William. (Been so long since I've heard that. It has fallen out of the American lexicon. Wasn't it originally a 'tempest in a teacup?') Regardless,

That is precisely what it is.

Much ado about nothing.

Your comment about Democrats destroying their chances are continuing power? You would never have voted for one anyway, would you?

So how can you newly not vote for somebody you wouldn't have voted for anyway?

As far as what other voters do, they are not you. They will be making up their own minds and very few will be guided by federal legislation that says States can't make laws preventing people from using the loo of their chosen sexuality.

Where are the stories of pedophiles and rapists adorning women's clothing to make advances in bathrooms?

I've heard those rumors for decades, just no actual stories to back them up.

Looks like another case of falling for sensationalist fake news, the kind of stuff Rush Limbaugh used to peddle - without merit.

Hiya Politalker I hope all is well with you and your family

Youre incorrect about one thing...I was a union democrat much longer than I was a republican. The democrats pushed me to make the change.

All I can say politalker is that if you think what joe bidens handlers have done in 3 short months is the right thing for ALL americans and the country as a whole...then there is really nothing for us to debate or discuss...were not going to change each others minds..

Joe Biden is not president and neither is Kamala Harris no will she ever be...they are just faces...Soros, Obama and a littany of other players are President. Joe Biden doesnt know what country hes in, hes utterly braindead, hes a laughingstock of the world and thats with everyone protecting him...media, social media EVERYONE

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post

Youre incorrect about one thing...I was a union democrat much longer than I was a republican. The democrats pushed me to make the change.

All I can say politalker is that if you think what joe bidens handlers have done in 3 short months is the right thing for ALL americans and the country as a whole...then there is really nothing for us to debate or discuss...were not going to change each others minds..

Joe Biden is not president and neither is Kamala Harris no will she ever be...they are just faces...Soros, Obama and a littany of other players are President. Joe Biden doesnt know what country hes in, hes utterly braindead, hes a laughingstock of the world and thats with everyone protecting him...media, social media EVERYONE
    LOL! I am not an American, and I have little or no interest in your party politics, but President Biden appears to be an innocuous person who, I suspect, knows how to spell 'litany'.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to William For This Useful Post:

PoliTalker (04-05-2021)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    LOL! I am not an American, and I have little or no interest in your party politics, but President Biden appears to be an innocuous person who, I suspect, knows how to spell 'litany'.
    I know who you are william...you are aussie How have you been, youve always been a young gentlemen, alas a liberal but I forgive you heheh

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Solo For This Useful Post:

William (04-19-2021)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Solo,

I am quite well, thanks. And feeling less vulnerable with my vaccination. The fam is all well, too. Everyone doing a good job of distancing and following the CDC protocols for staying safe and protecting others. And I hope all is well with you and yours.

The point of these discussions is not to change one another's minds. That is highly unlikely. I see the point of this as gaining understanding. I am fascinated at trying to understand how people can reach such diametrically opposed views. It's pretty amazing, really. I mean, we both begin with the same basic desires that most people share. We want a prosperous nation to live in; we wish to be secure in our privacy, feel safe in our homes and communities; and we want to be free to live our own lives as we see fit with the belief that we should enjoy just as much personal freedom as possible without imposing our own wishes upon others.

Since we all really want the same basic things, how does it become so convoluted? How does it get to the point of hatred? Ostensibly, there is no cause for hatred. I really appreciate that you and I can have a mutually respectful conversation, but we know that in other chat rooms there is great animosity. How does it get to the point that people who share in great fortune, in a nation with great advantage, come to think of one another as enemies? That's just perverted.

So, no. I am not trying to change any minds here at all. I'm just fascinated at how we arrive at this point.

Biden? He's the president. Make no mistake of it. Don't fall for any nonsense about him being pushed by right wing pundits. Probably much of that is simply because he has always been a bit speech challenged. That's just speech. It has nothing to do with the brain. He's sharp as a tack. He was a stutterer as a child - something extremely difficult to overcome - but he more or less managed to do it. That's pretty amazing. Most people can't do that. Most of the time it is not apparent at all. He sounds like anybody else. Biden is sharp, alert and very much on top of things. And he is definitely the man in charge. He is also quite well respected around the world. Most world leaders are well relieved to have a competent and dedicated president again. A few are not happy about it, perhaps Putin and other adversaries, but as far as the rest of the world goes, Biden has begun to restore respect for the USA.

I am impressed that Biden 'went to school' on the Obama presidency. He has reached out to Republicans in the same way, but he is not about to allow Republicans to drag out the clock or wreck his goals. Republicans can be a part of progress if they choose, but they are not going to do to Biden what they did to Obama. They played along and pretended to want input on the PPACA but all they really did was water it down with a bunch of corporate-friendly nonsense, and then not a single one of them voted for it anyway! Why would they not vote for something which included their own provisions??? The answer is plain and simple. They never intended to. They just wanted to try to mess it up as much as they could while they had the chance, on the premise they were sincere.

I am so glad to see that Biden is not falling for that nonsense.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Useful Post:

Solo (04-23-2021)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump pretended to have a team, but he called all the shots, and he shot from the hip based on what was good for him and his image. Trump's 'team' was nothing but a bunch of place-holders, a bunch of yes-men masquerading as a team with input. They had none. It was all Trump and all about loyalty to Trump, not the USA.

Biden is such a refreshing difference. He actually has a functioning team and he listens to them. He values their input and wants to know their advice before making the decisions based on that teamwork. It is glaringly obvious that a high-level team is far superior to one guy and his feelings.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Solo,

I am quite well, thanks. And feeling less vulnerable with my vaccination. The fam is all well, too. Everyone doing a good job of distancing and following the CDC protocols for staying safe and protecting others. And I hope all is well with you and yours.

The point of these discussions is not to change one another's minds. That is highly unlikely. I see the point of this as gaining understanding. I am fascinated at trying to understand how people can reach such diametrically opposed views. It's pretty amazing, really. I mean, we both begin with the same basic desires that most people share. We want a prosperous nation to live in; we wish to be secure in our privacy, feel safe in our homes and communities; and we want to be free to live our own lives as we see fit with the belief that we should enjoy just as much personal freedom as possible without imposing our own wishes upon others.

Since we all really want the same basic things, how does it become so convoluted? How does it get to the point of hatred? Ostensibly, there is no cause for hatred. I really appreciate that you and I can have a mutually respectful conversation, but we know that in other chat rooms there is great animosity. How does it get to the point that people who share in great fortune, in a nation with great advantage, come to think of one another as enemies? That's just perverted.

So, no. I am not trying to change any minds here at all. I'm just fascinated at how we arrive at this point.

Biden? He's the president. Make no mistake of it. Don't fall for any nonsense about him being pushed by right wing pundits. Probably much of that is simply because he has always been a bit speech challenged. That's just speech. It has nothing to do with the brain. He's sharp as a tack. He was a stutterer as a child - something extremely difficult to overcome - but he more or less managed to do it. That's pretty amazing. Most people can't do that. Most of the time it is not apparent at all. He sounds like anybody else. Biden is sharp, alert and very much on top of things. And he is definitely the man in charge. He is also quite well respected around the world. Most world leaders are well relieved to have a competent and dedicated president again. A few are not happy about it, perhaps Putin and other adversaries, but as far as the rest of the world goes, Biden has begun to restore respect for the USA.

I am impressed that Biden 'went to school' on the Obama presidency. He has reached out to Republicans in the same way, but he is not about to allow Republicans to drag out the clock or wreck his goals. Republicans can be a part of progress if they choose, but they are not going to do to Biden what they did to Obama. They played along and pretended to want input on the PPACA but all they really did was water it down with a bunch of corporate-friendly nonsense, and then not a single one of them voted for it anyway! Why would they not vote for something which included their own provisions??? The answer is plain and simple. They never intended to. They just wanted to try to mess it up as much as they could while they had the chance, on the premise they were sincere.

I am so glad to see that Biden is not falling for that nonsense.

Politaker I couldnt disagree more, Biden is not the president, Biden doesnt even know where he is, he is heavily medicated to allow him to be in public OCCAISIONALLY...everytime a reporter asks him a question they close the feed down or come out and walk him off stage...they man is incapable of being potus but the alternative is even worse...Kamala Harris is a cackling hyena that laughs raucously over NOTHING...they are killing my country that I fought for

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Solo For This Useful Post:

Gamewell45 (04-20-2021)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Solo,

Politaker I couldnt disagree more, Biden is not the president, Biden doesnt even know where he is, he is heavily medicated to allow him to be in public OCCAISIONALLY...everytime a reporter asks him a question they close the feed down or come out and walk him off stage...they man is incapable of being potus but the alternative is even worse...Kamala Harris is a cackling hyena that laughs raucously over NOTHING...they are killing my country that I fought for
    Well, first of all, if you fought for our country, thank you for your service. I am enjoying the freedom very much. Thanks.

I can't imagine where you are getting these strange ideas but I assure you President Biden is definitely president. I would suggest broadening the choice of information sources. None of the major media sources I have seen have claimed that President Biden is not really performing the job, nor able to. What source(s) are you seeing that indicate this? Info wars?

Even if it's Fox News TV, that source is listed as "Hyper Partisan Right," with "Selective, Incomplete, Persuasion, Propaganda or Other Issues."

Media Bias Chart

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Useful Post:

Gamewell45 (04-20-2021)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Solo,

Well, first of all, if you fought for our country, thank you for your service. I am enjoying the freedom very much. Thanks.

I can't imagine where you are getting these strange ideas but I assure you President Biden is definitely president. I would suggest broadening the choice of information sources. None of the major media sources I have seen have claimed that President Biden is not really performing the job, nor able to. What source(s) are you seeing that indicate this? Info wars?

Even if it's Fox News TV, that source is listed as "Hyper Partisan Right," with "Selective, Incomplete, Persuasion, Propaganda or Other Issues."

Media Bias Chart
    PoliTalker;

I think a lot of people (particularly those on the right) honestly believe that the election was stolen by the democrats because they believed Trump's wild claim of the election being rigged backed up by conservative news sources such as Fox News, CBN, OANN, etc. I highly doubt that they'll change their minds. I never considered Trump my president because of what I know about him pre-president, but considered him the President since he was sworn into office.

Truth be it known, I'm glad that Biden won since I believe he is making a bona fide attempt to reunite the country and be a president for everyone and not just the democrats. Granted some of his platforms the republicans reject out of hand but Biden has stated time and time again that he is willing to compromise on certain issues facing the country.

We'll see what the next four years bring for the country.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

PoliTalker (05-05-2021)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump pretended to have a team, but he called all the shots, and he shot from the hip based on what was good for him and his image. Trump's 'team' was nothing but a bunch of place-holders, a bunch of yes-men masquerading as a team with input. They had none. It was all Trump and all about loyalty to Trump, not the USA.

Biden is such a refreshing difference. He actually has a functioning team and he listens to them. He values their input and wants to know their advice before making the decisions based on that teamwork. It is glaringly obvious that a high-level team is far superior to one guy and his feelings.
    That is such a total mistatement of the truth, it sounds like sound bytes from CNN and MSNBC...opinions are difficult to debate, they are not lik facts which are quite debatable...So you and I have to agree that we both disagree.....Read the thread I post in a little while