User Tag List

Thread: Trump asks Georgia election officials to 'find' votes during call with Sec. of State

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump asks Georgia election officials to 'find' votes during call with Sec. of State

President Trump, in a phone call to the Ga. Sec. of State Ben Raffenspberger asking him to overturn the presidential election vote in Georgia. Veiled threats were also issued.

FULTON COUNTY, Ga. — With two days until the U.S. Senate runoffs in Georgia, President Donald Trump took to Twitter again on Sunday morning to blast state officials and its elections.

Trump said he spoke to Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, who has been a target of many critics, on Saturday and said "he has no clue."

"He was unwilling, or unable, to answer questions such as the “ballots under table” scam, ballot destruction, out of state “voters”, dead voters, and more," Trump tweeted.

https://www.thv11.com/article/news/p...f-70271eac840f

I suspect this day will not play out well for Trump.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

PoliTalker (01-13-2021)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you surprised?
    It's not as if he hasn't done the same before, with the Ukrainian president if I remember rightly.
    It didn't lose him any credibility with his demented followers then and it won't lose him any now either.

To see the USA in the same light as autocratic regimes is a wake up call for the leadership in democratic countries because if someone has the ability to persuade half of the electorate that they are better off with a leader who doesn't need to be elected makes it a slippery slope for those of us who are not citizens of the USA.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a frightening thought to learn how easy it is to manipulate people.
    Whichever side of politics one supports, it's clear that approx. half of the American voting public are convinced the other half is indoctrinated with manipulated statements and that the other side is wrong.
    This is what America purportedly fought countless wars to achieve and that it should turn itself inwards
    onto a gullible electorate is somewhat ironic.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it's obvious that things are not going well for Trump. What he's done if catching up with him; just today the House drafted an article of impeachment against him (again) so it looks like things will not go well for him.

He's got both the federal government and NY state coming after him; I suspect it'll possibly be an ugly ending for him.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Safety (01-12-2021)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamewell45 View Post
    Well, it's obvious that things are not going well for Trump. What he's done if catching up with him; just today the House drafted an article of impeachment against him (again) so it looks like things will not go well for him.

He's got both the federal government and NY state coming after him; I suspect it'll possibly be an ugly ending for him.
    It looks as if they may delay the actual impeachment until after Biden's first 100 days. Makes sense I guess, they would have the votes needed for it to pass and prevent him from running ever again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Safety For This Useful Post:

PoliTalker (01-13-2021)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    It looks as if they may delay the actual impeachment until after Biden's first 100 days. Makes sense I guess, they would have the votes needed for it to pass and prevent him from running ever again.
    Yes, I'd agree; IMO he should never hold elective office again. That of course is if he's not in jail serving serious time. NY is after him for fraud with his so-called charity along with his daughter Ivanka.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Safety (01-13-2021)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Safety,

Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    I like this plan. It keeps the issue open and keeps both parties guessing about the outcome. That keeps people on their toes.

Trump would like nothing more than quick closure on a second impeachment, with a mind to bowl it over with rhetoric just like the first time.

It's time to put the brakes on and let it percolate for a while.

And our nation has serious business to attend to.

A new cabinet must be confirmed and action take to properly deal with the pandemic.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.