User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: VA State Senator Urges Trump to Declare Martial Law as Electoral College Affirms Bide

  1. #1
    Administrator Gamewell45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    686
    Thanks Given
    314
    Thanked 405 Times in 316 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    VA State Senator Urges Trump to Declare Martial Law as Electoral College Affirms Bide

    The last thing this country needs to have occur is Trump declaring Martial Law and with people like Amanda Chase encouraging him, there's no telling what he'll consider doing. It would certainly create a constitutional crisis.


    Virginia state senator Amanda Chase threw her support behind President Donald Trump's refusal to concede to former Vice President Joe Biden, going so far as to say that the commander in chief should declare martial law and let the military oversee another election.

    On Monday, the Electoral College affirmed Biden's victory, prompting more Senate Republicans, including Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, to recognize Trump's challenger as the next president. While some of Trump's closest allies have acknowledged Biden's victory, the president himself has not indicated he has plans to give up the fight to stay in power.

    Chase, who is looking to garner the Republican nomination for governor, also refuses to accept the results, writing in a Tuesday Facebook post that Biden "is not my president and never will be." She praised Trump for having a "backbone" and advocated for him to declare martial law, a recommendation made by General Michael Flynn, who Trump pardoned on November 25.



    https://www.newsweek.com/va-state-se...en-win-1554933
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full

  2. #2
    Senior Member PoliTalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    149
    Thanks Given
    50
    Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Gamewell45,

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamewell45 View Post
    The last thing this country needs to have occur is Trump declaring Martial Law and with people like Amanda Chase encouraging him, there's no telling what he'll consider doing. It would certainly create a constitutional crisis.


    Virginia state senator Amanda Chase threw her support behind President Donald Trump's refusal to concede to former Vice President Joe Biden, going so far as to say that the commander in chief should declare martial law and let the military oversee another election.

    On Monday, the Electoral College affirmed Biden's victory, prompting more Senate Republicans, including Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, to recognize Trump's challenger as the next president. While some of Trump's closest allies have acknowledged Biden's victory, the president himself has not indicated he has plans to give up the fight to stay in power.

    Chase, who is looking to garner the Republican nomination for governor, also refuses to accept the results, writing in a Tuesday Facebook post that Biden "is not my president and never will be." She praised Trump for having a "backbone" and advocated for him to declare martial law, a recommendation made by General Michael Flynn, who Trump pardoned on November 25.



    https://www.newsweek.com/va-state-se...en-win-1554933
    She is violating the US Constitution. There are no legal ground for martial law. The military would refuse an unlawful order.

    She should face censure for suggesting it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Useful Post:

    Gamewell45 (12-17-2020)

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Outside of Montreal
    Posts
    396
    Thanks Given
    1
    Thanked 171 Times in 144 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Gamewell45,



    She is violating the US Constitution. There are no legal ground for martial law. The military would refuse an unlawful order.

    She should face censure for suggesting it.
    I see today that Michael Flynn, a retired lieutenant general and American traitor is also advising the use of the military to retain an autocratic unelected Russian asset into a further term of White House inactivity.
    The objective, that Trump supporters realise and encourage, is for him to create a country for them to dominate at the expense of those they disagree with, flouting the Constitution they claim to be in love with as the standard of democracy.

    What a state of affairs in a country that once dominated affairs of state.

  5. #4
    Senior Member PoliTalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    149
    Thanks Given
    50
    Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Beevee,

    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    I see today that Michael Flynn, a retired lieutenant general and American traitor is also advising the use of the military to retain an autocratic unelected Russian asset into a further term of White House inactivity.
    The objective, that Trump supporters realise and encourage, is for him to create a country for them to dominate at the expense of those they disagree with, flouting the Constitution they claim to be in love with as the standard of democracy.

    What a state of affairs in a country that once dominated affairs of state.
    Trump knows he is on his way out. He's just playing up to the gullible for donations.

    Rest assured. The USA will be fine.

    Trump is nothing new.

    Our founders were well aware of people like him.

    If he had not been gone hundreds of years, one would think Alexander Hamilton was talking about Trump:

    "The truth unquestionably is, that the only path to a subversion of the republican system of the Country is, by flattering the prejudices of the people, and exciting their jealousies and apprehensions, to throw affairs into confusion, and bring on civil commotion. Tired at length of anarchy, or want of government, they may take shelter in the arms of monarchy for repose and security.

    Those then, who resist a confirmation of public order, are the true Artificers of monarchy—not that this is the intention of the generality of them. Yet it would not be difficult to lay the finger upon some of their party who may justly be suspected. When a man unprincipled in private life desperate in his fortune, bold in his temper, possessed of considerable talents, having the advantage of military habits—despotic in his ordinary demeanour—known to have scoffed in private at the principles of liberty—when such a man is seen to mount the hobby horse of popularity—to join in the cry of danger to liberty—to take every opportunity of embarrassing the General Government & bringing it under suspicion—to flatter and fall in with all the non sense of the zealots of the day—It may justly be suspected that his object is to throw things into confusion that he may “ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.”"
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Outside of Montreal
    Posts
    396
    Thanks Given
    1
    Thanked 171 Times in 144 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you are right but to have about 40m avid followers that believe the election was rigged, plus the remaining events they also have been subjected to by relentless propaganda, is a danger that can't be underestimated.
    When they are quite prepared to claim Hunter Biden has committed criminality and absolving Eric and Donald jnr. of the same, when believing Biden is a pedophile but an admitted adulterer and female abuser is not, when believing that 320,000+ deaths are normal and not the result of an epidemic, that not keeping a safe distance and wearing a mask, when accepting that the Dow Jones is still a predictor of the economic future when it isn't, when demanding the abolition of the ACA and not caring that people will suffer from the consequences, when not believing that health care workers and hospitals are at breaking point - that's not something that can be solved by compromise. The right doesn't want that, they want Trump, even though he spends more time golfing than he does in the White House, where he does nothing.
    Your Constitution is holding for the moment but there are cracks in it that only get larger until they are plugged.
    I don't see any large Democrat resistance to any of this, as yet.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

    Gamewell45 (12-20-2020)

  8. #6
    Senior Member PoliTalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    149
    Thanks Given
    50
    Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Beevee,

    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    I hope you are right but to have about 40m avid followers that believe the election was rigged, plus the remaining events they also have been subjected to by relentless propaganda, is a danger that can't be underestimated.
    When they are quite prepared to claim Hunter Biden has committed criminality and absolving Eric and Donald jnr. of the same, when believing Biden is a pedophile but an admitted adulterer and female abuser is not, when believing that 320,000+ deaths are normal and not the result of an epidemic, that not keeping a safe distance and wearing a mask, when accepting that the Dow Jones is still a predictor of the economic future when it isn't, when demanding the abolition of the ACA and not caring that people will suffer from the consequences, when not believing that health care workers and hospitals are at breaking point - that's not something that can be solved by compromise. The right doesn't want that, they want Trump, even though he spends more time golfing than he does in the White House, where he does nothing.
    Your Constitution is holding for the moment but there are cracks in it that only get larger until they are plugged.
    I don't see any large Democrat resistance to any of this, as yet.
    I'm not so sure all 40 million who say the election was rigged really believe that. I bet a lot of them secretly feel it's BS but they wouldn't want to disappoint their peers. Kind of a wishful thinking thing. If it supports even a slight chance that Trump might somehow retain power, they are for it.

    There is absolutely no proof of widespread election fraud. They must know they are engaging in wishful thinking on their part.

    And it is absurd to really think the Democrats are so slick they could rig the election while leaving no trace, but they forgot to take the Senate? What BS.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Outside of Montreal
    Posts
    396
    Thanks Given
    1
    Thanked 171 Times in 144 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When people hope that their prayers are answered, reasoning goes out of the window.
    I don't know what they would expect from another four years, if they are anything like the last four and I have a feeling they don't care, as long as a Democrat can be kept out of the White House.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

    Gamewell45 (12-22-2020), PoliTalker (12-23-2020)

  11. #8
    Senior Member PoliTalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    149
    Thanks Given
    50
    Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Beevee,

    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    I hope you are right but to have about 40m avid followers that believe the election was rigged, plus the remaining events they also have been subjected to by relentless propaganda, is a danger that can't be underestimated.
    When they are quite prepared to claim Hunter Biden has committed criminality and absolving Eric and Donald jnr. of the same, when believing Biden is a pedophile but an admitted adulterer and female abuser is not, when believing that 320,000+ deaths are normal and not the result of an epidemic, that not keeping a safe distance and wearing a mask, when accepting that the Dow Jones is still a predictor of the economic future when it isn't, when demanding the abolition of the ACA and not caring that people will suffer from the consequences, when not believing that health care workers and hospitals are at breaking point - that's not something that can be solved by compromise. The right doesn't want that, they want Trump, even though he spends more time golfing than he does in the White House, where he does nothing.
    Your Constitution is holding for the moment but there are cracks in it that only get larger until they are plugged.
    I don't see any large Democrat resistance to any of this, as yet.
    The 'large Democrat resistance to any of this' is the fact that we just voted him out by more than 7 million votes over theirs. Nothing is going to stop the transition. The election has been certified and the electoral college has spoke. Trump may throw legal hissy fits, may even try the desperate illegal order. He will find that the military is not loyal to him but the Constitution. They will not follow an illegal order. Nothing is going to stop us from changing our president on January 20th, 2021. If trump refuses to leave the WH, he will be escorted out. The United States is perfectly capable of evicting trespassers from the White House.

    Sanity in the WH will be restored.

    Will opportunist tabloid media outlets try to dramatize Trump's ministrations and make it seem like there is some kind of doubt? Of course they will. They will do it to get views and sell advertising. They don't have to have proof of what they say. It is usually meaningless with those outlets. They play on people's fears. Best to ignore them and verify stories with main stream sources.

    Joe Biden is the President-Elect, and he will be the President on January 20th.

    And we will have a woman of color as our VP with Kamala Harris.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 12-23-2020 at 07:59 PM.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •