Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for a change

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time for a change

Having the Senate with a majority has got to be changed! If your party is in the White House and doesn't have the majority in the Senate there is no way we get anything done. I propose that there be two Senators from each state, one a Republican and one a Democrat. Maybe then we can start to get things done as one party can't hold things up if they don't get EVERYTHING they want. OMG 😱, they might have to negotiate!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetsBaseball For This Useful Post:

Gamewell45 (12-08-2020)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsBaseball View Post
    Having the Senate with a majority has got to be changed! If your party is in the White House and doesn't have the majority in the Senate there is no way we get anything done. I propose that there be two Senators from each state, one a Republican and one a Democrat. Maybe then we can start to get things done as one party can't hold things up if they don't get EVERYTHING they want. OMG ��, they might have to negotiate!
    What would you do with the filibuster?
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsBaseball View Post
    Having the Senate with a majority has got to be changed! If your party is in the White House and doesn't have the majority in the Senate there is no way we get anything done. I propose that there be two Senators from each state, one a Republican and one a Democrat. Maybe then we can start to get things done as one party can't hold things up if they don't get EVERYTHING they want. OMG ��, they might have to negotiate!
    It isn't the delegates that need fixing but instead those who elected them.
    I have for years advocated on this and other forums that the US education system is where a start is needed in reaching reality instead of the incessant propaganda that the world would collapse without the US leading it.
    It's absolute rubbish. To anyone outside of the US that is. Stop the 'we are the best at everything' because even now with your country in turmoil there are still too many who believe that nonsense.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Beevee,

Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    It isn't the delegates that need fixing but instead those who elected them.
    I have for years advocated on this and other forums that the US education system is where a start is needed in reaching reality instead of the incessant propaganda that the world would collapse without the US leading it.
    It's absolute rubbish. To anyone outside of the US that is. Stop the 'we are the best at everything' because even now with your country in turmoil there are still too many who believe that nonsense.
    I have longed for our education system to stress how important it is for individuals to think for themselves, learn to discern real news from fake news, doubt what they hear, validate strange-sounding news, become properly informed, participate in the management of our self-government, and vote.

This country doesn't just run itself. Apathy destroys.

And yes, this 'we are the greatest' nonsense is poisoning critical thinking.

We need to be able to admit it when we make mistakes and learn from them.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that the Texas crap has been demolished by the Supreme Court, I just can't wait for the inevitable Trump tweets.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Beevee,

Now that the Texas crap has been demolished by the Supreme Court, I just can't wait for the inevitable Trump tweets.
    The tweet storm rages!

He wants voters to vote out governors of states which upheld democracy - because he lost in legitimate elections in which no fraud can be found, and those governors didn't subvert democracy to support Trump.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Beevee,

The tweet storm rages!

He wants voters to vote out governors of states which upheld democracy - because he lost in legitimate elections in which no fraud can be found, and those governors didn't subvert democracy to support Trump.
    Lol.
    It would be interesting if the Democrats were to challenge the results in every state that Trump candidates won or retained their seats, as it's more likely that fraudulent voting occurred there, due to the mysterious disappearance of Democrat signed election papers.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

PoliTalker (12-20-2020)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Beevee,

Lol.
    It would be interesting if the Democrats were to challenge the results in every state that Trump candidates won or retained their seats, as it's more likely that fraudulent voting occurred there, due to the mysterious disappearance of Democrat signed election papers.
    To stoop that low would be to lend Trump credibility. I don't think the Dems will do that.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see that the White House staff due to their cowardice in not wearing masks or social distancing, are to be at the head of the queue in receiving a covid vaccination.
    So there you have it. Under the Trump autocracy, the very people who largely contributed to the colossal mortality rate in the USA will likely survive the pandemic after being responsible for countless deaths.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

PoliTalker (12-20-2020)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see that the White House staff due to their cowardice in not wearing masks or social distancing, are to be at the head of the queue in receiving a covid vaccination.
    So there you have it. Under the Trump autocracy, the very people who largely contributed to the colossal mortality rate in the USA will likely survive the pandemic after being responsible for countless deaths.
    Ah! Another Trump reversal.
    So, now they have to wait in line and since they won't be there after 20th Jan, those who survived without it can take their chances with the rest of the population.

Damned if you do!
    Damned if you don't!