User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Election

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    144
    Thanks Given
    17
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Election

    First let me state the obvious, the election is not over, the media calling Joe Biden the president elect is a false narrative the media doesnt get to decide that.

    There will be a myriad of challenges and rightfully so thats an american right.

    I am burned out with politics, I have no ambition at the moment to discuss or argue it.
    NO!!! its not because Trump Lost or Biden won even thought that isnt decided yet. Its because its just been a ridiculous 4 yrs and whos to blame doesnt matter, im sure our opinion will differ.

    I will make a prediction, there will be alot of americans that will rue the day they voted for Biden/Harris and the next election you will see a lineup of never trumpers vying to get their old power back that trump stripped from them.

    I have good news for the democrats though, there will be alot of republicans that will vote democrat before they vote never trumper and im one of them. If there is no viable choice but a never trumper, I will switch to democrat from NPA and vote straight democrat.

    The reason is the straw that broke the camels back was Michael Steele who grinningly stated on foxnews...that the lincoln project will when biden wins rebuild the republican party back the way it was. You wont get any help from me and I dont believe im going to be alone.

    Let me give my fellow forum democrats a congratulations on Biden most likely being President Elect.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    54
    Thanks Given
    64
    Thanked 47 Times in 30 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember when '16 happened, the right gloated and derided the left over not accepting their loss. Fast forward four years and I'll be damned if the same people that gloated are now the ones whining and attempting to passive-aggressively explain how this is "diff'rent". This election is over, done, finished. It's kinda sad to see people so detached from reality.

    Sorry, having a short memory may be a trait some would love people to have, but dat ain't happ'nen.

  3. #3
    Senior Member PoliTalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    171
    Thanks Given
    51
    Thanked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Solo,

    Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    First let me state the obvious, the election is not over, the media calling Joe Biden the president elect is a false narrative the media doesnt get to decide that.

    There will be a myriad of challenges and rightfully so thats an american right.

    I am burned out with politics, I have no ambition at the moment to discuss or argue it.
    NO!!! its not because Trump Lost or Biden won even thought that isnt decided yet. Its because its just been a ridiculous 4 yrs and whos to blame doesnt matter, im sure our opinion will differ.

    I will make a prediction, there will be alot of americans that will rue the day they voted for Biden/Harris and the next election you will see a lineup of never trumpers vying to get their old power back that trump stripped from them.

    I have good news for the democrats though, there will be alot of republicans that will vote democrat before they vote never trumper and im one of them. If there is no viable choice but a never trumper, I will switch to democrat from NPA and vote straight democrat.

    The reason is the straw that broke the camels back was Michael Steele who grinningly stated on foxnews...that the lincoln project will when biden wins rebuild the republican party back the way it was. You wont get any help from me and I dont believe im going to be alone.

    Let me give my fellow forum democrats a congratulations on Biden most likely being President Elect.
    Thanks.

    No point in calling him president-elect now, though.

    He's the president.

    First order of business is the pandemic.

    It would be best if we drop all the animosity and find American unity again.

    I forgive every American who was mean to other Americans because they did not support Trump. It's OK to disagree. It is not OK to harbor hatred for other Americans just because they are exercising their freedom to believe what they want.

    I forgive all Trump supporters who did things they regret.

    Welcome back to civil discourse.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Outside of Montreal
    Posts
    399
    Thanks Given
    1
    Thanked 171 Times in 144 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Solo,



    Thanks.

    No point in calling him president-elect now, though.

    He's the president.

    First order of business is the pandemic.

    It would be best if we drop all the animosity and find American unity again.

    I forgive every American who was mean to other Americans because they did not support Trump. It's OK to disagree. It is not OK to harbor hatred for other Americans just because they are exercising their freedom to believe what they want.

    I forgive all Trump supporters who did things they regret.

    Welcome back to civil discourse.
    You are speaking to deaf ears.
    Even if Trump is convicted by the required majority of 67 Senate votes, it won't change the minds of those who have no wish to have their minds changed.
    And it's a simple reason why they will never change their opinions as they see white supremacy as the only way to retain control of what is, and always was, a multicultural country.

  5. #5
    Senior Member PoliTalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    171
    Thanks Given
    51
    Thanked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Beevee,

    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    You are speaking to deaf ears.
    Even if Trump is convicted by the required majority of 67 Senate votes, it won't change the minds of those who have no wish to have their minds changed.
    And it's a simple reason why they will never change their opinions as they see white supremacy as the only way to retain control of what is, and always was, a multicultural country.
    The very fact that Solo has become disenchanted with politics is a positive indicator.

    Solo is conservative. Conservatives are questioning just what they stand for. They want to believe they are standing up for what is right. Clearly white supremacy is not, so it leaves conservatives in a conundrum. Do they have enough support and power without the hate vote? It appears not. It is a bleak time for a conservative with high values.

    The choice for the Republican party for the last 4 years has been support Trump, and all he stands for, or let the Democrats win.

    Now it has become increasingly troubling to support Trump. There's no pretending any more. Trump will encourage hatred to get what he wants.

    It has boiled down to an identity crisis for the Republican Party.

    #Walk Away From Trump.

    That needs to be the new meme for Republicans.

    #Walk Away From Hatred.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    144
    Thanks Given
    17
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Solo,



    Thanks.

    No point in calling him president-elect now, though.

    He's the president.

    First order of business is the pandemic.

    It would be best if we drop all the animosity and find American unity again.

    I forgive every American who was mean to other Americans because they did not support Trump. It's OK to disagree. It is not OK to harbor hatred for other Americans just because they are exercising their freedom to believe what they want.

    I forgive all Trump supporters who did things they regret.

    Welcome back to civil discourse.

    Thank You, The left forgets the year of hatred, riots, billions in damage, murders, an deaths because of BLM and Antifa they destroyed cities...not a peep from the left.
    They forget all the republicans assaulted by the left....they ignore it.

    The hate comes from the left, they promote and fester it...Democrat Politicians promoted it and ALLOWED the violence to go on and strangled their police from preventing or stopping it....

  7. #7
    Senior Member PoliTalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    171
    Thanks Given
    51
    Thanked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, happy new year, and welcome back Solo,

    Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    Thank You, The left forgets the year of hatred, riots, billions in damage, murders, an deaths because of BLM and Antifa they destroyed cities...not a peep from the left.
    They forget all the republicans assaulted by the left....they ignore it.

    The hate comes from the left, they promote and fester it...Democrat Politicians promoted it and ALLOWED the violence to go on and strangled their police from preventing or stopping it....
    We will have to disagree on that.

    BLM is a valid cause. All lives matter. Blacks are being undervalued by police. BLM is a just cause. It is unrealistic to expect a group of people to be singled out for bad treatment by police just because of skin tone; and NOT object. Parents should never have to bury their children. Nothing is more devastating to a parent than to have to see their own children die. It is completely understandable that when this has happened to many, that they should get together to grieve; and seek to let the world know what is happening, to want to help prevent this pain from happening to other parents.

    BLM had marches. The organizers are peaceful. Their cause is just. They have no control over who joins in. Other people have sought to sully the cause and have become provocateurs, instigating violence at or around some of the BLM marches. This does not mean that BLM is violent. Please get the story straight.

    Antifa is a different mindset. This has nothing to do with BLM. It stands for anti-fascist. They are against hatred. But I do not approve of their tactics where they go and try to 'teach teach them a lesson.' That's using violence, which is wrong. I do not support antifa. Their reasoning is good but their methods are wrong.

    Most people on the left do not support violence just like most people on the right do not support violence. It is only the outspoken few extremists on both sides that can't figure out how to live in harmony with others who are trying to turn things violent.

    Most Americans on the left and on the right just want a peaceful life, a vibrant economy, and a safe community in which they can live and enjoy life.

    We need to keep the big picture in mind and remember that most Americans really want the same things. We need to recapture American unity and realize we have more in common than we disagree on. We need to end all this hatred.

    It's not about we/they or left vs right. It's about peaceful Americans who are dealing with the maladjusted miscontents and extremists who are trying to draw everyone else into their miasma of misunderstanding.

    We should make it clear that people on the left and on the right reject violence together. We should respect and value one another, and celebrate our diversity.

    We MUST rediscover American unity. It's OK to disagree. It is not OK to hate and make up incorrect things about the left or the right. Spreading rumors is a very bad idea. We all need to get better at discerning what's real from what's fake.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  8. #8
    Administrator Gamewell45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    700
    Thanks Given
    325
    Thanked 411 Times in 322 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you. Most of the nations violence that occurred came from the fringe elements on both the left and right sides. A vast majority were peaceful and there should be nothing wrong with protesting peacefully; I think most people would agree with that concept.

    As one of Trump's attorney's said after the impeachment trial was concluded, Americans, both on the right and left need to find common ground and come together. This is how I remember it being done in the 60's & early 70's and it seemed to work well. One can only hope I suppose.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

    PoliTalker (02-18-2021)

  10. #9
    Senior Member PoliTalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    171
    Thanks Given
    51
    Thanked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Gamewell45,

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamewell45 View Post
    I agree with you. Most of the nations violence that occurred came from the fringe elements on both the left and right sides. A vast majority were peaceful and there should be nothing wrong with protesting peacefully; I think most people would agree with that concept.

    As one of Trump's attorney's said after the impeachment trial was concluded, Americans, both on the right and left need to find common ground and come together. This is how I remember it being done in the 60's & early 70's and it seemed to work well. One can only hope I suppose.
    And we must acknowledge the actions of those pundits who fan the flames of extremism.

    They do our nation a great disservice.

    And they do it mostly for profit.

    Quite selfish.

    Very unpatriotic.

    But in order to have freedom, we must allow it.

    Therefore, it would behoove us to make sure our education system imbues the knowledge of this dynamic onto the young and impressionable minds of our future.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  11. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    144
    Thanks Given
    17
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to disagree with both of you, there were billions and billions of dollars lost in the cities destroyed by antifa and blm. Just during the George Floyd riots over 2,000 police officers injured...85 people killed, 49 people were shot...4 police officers killed and that WAS JUST IN ONE WEEKEND over memorial day...

    That does not include the months of riots in Portland, Seattle and New York and others....

    Explain this please...why were riots ONLY IN DEMOCRAT controlled cities and states...Ill tell you, because it was a setup and they were smart enough to know to stay out of certain states.

    Florida had ZERO riots, want to know why...antifa and blm were told not to go there...Most floridians own guns and stand our ground allows us to defend ourselves against who want to hurt us or destroy our property.

    With due respect I believe sincerly that you two guys through no fault of your own are woefully uninformed of the truth...liberal news outlet havent told the truth on ANYTHING hurtful to progressives for at least 4 yrs.

    I know I wont be able to convince you that the "truth" you believe is a lie....

    Oh @Gamewell45 i read this morning that working class democrats are FLOCKING to the republican party, theres mostly union men and women who realize the democrats are going to destroy them...Bidens first round of executive orders ended thousands of jobs in an instant and many arent accepting the You are too white dialogue of many companies...

    Prediction: Republicans in 2022 will take control of the House and Senate and effectually stop Kamala Harris is agenda...I dont include Biden in that, because hes an idiot phony dirtbag and always has been and hes so stupid he just signs whatever they put in front of him. Along with this prediction is that many of those gop who get elected will be trump endorsed and some GOP will face challenges and be replaced by trump supporters.

    Trump supporters not only have stuck by Trump they are more enthusiasticly supporting him, because they saw what the liberal snakes did for 4 yrs.

    @PoliTalker I agree I misspoke when I blamed BLM...the biggest culprits were PAID antfa along with BLM

    Have a great day guys
    Last edited by Solo; 02-23-2021 at 04:27 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •