User Tag List

Thread: Poor Pandemic Response Could Flip Arizona Blue

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor Pandemic Response Could Flip Arizona Blue

"Back at their home in a southwestern Phoenix subdivision, Montoya, a registered Democrat, and Hemphill, a Navy veteran and registered independent with conservative leanings, mailed in ballots for Biden.

They donít buy Trumpís promises to protect small business. Not when the coronavirus outbreak has ravaged their startups, not when they have failed to qualify for the Payroll Protection Program, and certainly not when they are scarcely hanging on to the middle class."

In Arizona, the pandemicís economic pain could help Biden flip a red state blue

Not everyone is buying Trump's message of fear and hatred.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Useful Post:

Cornwall (11-03-2020)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    "Back at their home in a southwestern Phoenix subdivision, Montoya, a registered Democrat, and Hemphill, a Navy veteran and registered independent with conservative leanings, mailed in ballots for Biden.

They don’t buy Trump’s promises to protect small business. Not when the coronavirus outbreak has ravaged their startups, not when they have failed to qualify for the Payroll Protection Program, and certainly not when they are scarcely hanging on to the middle class."

In Arizona, the pandemic’s economic pain could help Biden flip a red state blue

Not everyone is buying Trump's message of fear and hatred.
    Quite right.
    White Nationalism is so intent on keeping Trump in power they haven't even considered the alternative which with their own form of loathing, is likely to create within the next four years.
    A black female president of the USA who would be the leader of the free world.
    Hoist by their own petard.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

PoliTalker (10-29-2020)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Beevee,

Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    Quite right.
    White Nationalism is so intent on keeping Trump in power they haven't even considered the alternative which with their own form of loathing, is likely to create within the next four years.
    A black female president of the USA who would be the leader of the free world.
    Hoist by their own petard.
    It would be a deserving consequence.

Petard - an explosive device designed to concentrate an explosion and direct it towards a gate or door, used to gain entry by force.

When Shakespeare wrote 'hoist with his own petard' it meant that a plan to use a petard went awry, thus blowing up the person trying to use it.

A perfect application of the phrase if white nationalists hatred results in record voter turn-out which results in a Biden/Harris win, and then Biden for some reason is unable to complete his term (s) of office, and Harris becomes president.

We should keep in mind that Joe Biden is quite healthy, and there is every reason to assume that he could complete two terms of office.

I wish he had made a video of himself doing push ups and challenged Donald to match it.

That would have been priceless.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.