Thread: Hello from PoliTalker

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from PoliTalker

I'm liberal and polite.

I look forward to some great discussions and mixing it up with polite conservatives, if any can be found.

I believe in diversity. Our country benefits from having a wide variety of people from different backgrounds and political views.

Let's have some civil discourse fun while maintaining mutual respect for all.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Useful Post:

ATLien (10-20-2020), docthehun (11-01-2020), Gamewell45 (10-19-2020)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this is it?

Just a handful of us participating here?

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personal attacks have not been an issue so far for me, but I should warn everybody that I don't stand for that.

I sincerely hope it stays that way, but if it doesn't I am fully prepared to deal with that. My response is swift, decisive, effective and final.

Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, however we are looking for new members, both liberal and conservative so we have some balance here. We think now that the website has been secured, more people will consider joining.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

PoliTalker (10-20-2020)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Gamewell45,

Quote Originally Posted by Gamewell45 View Post
    Yes, however we are looking for new members, both liberal and conservative so we have some balance here. We think now that the website has been secured, more people will consider joining.
    I can see that as a challenge to find conservative posters who can discuss issues without attacking liberals. So much of what motivates so many conservatives is hatred of liberals.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My own personal rules for forum posting are usually more strict than most forums. I do not permit personal attacks.

My philosophy is that a line is crossed when people start talking about one another instead of the subject. Anyone can attack me personally one time. That is on them, and they better make it good because they won't get another chance. That is my queue to block them. I figure if they will do it once, they will do it again. My concern is that if I allow abuse to continue, then I become an enabler. That's not what I visit chat sites for. If I am personally attacked twice by the same poster, that is on me. That means I made a mistake in not blocking that poster after the first time.

I define what constitutes abuse, I identify it if it happens, and I act aggressively to shut it down.

I have added my PIP to my signature, but I am happy to report that at this time I have 0 entries on my Ignore List. I would love it if it stayed that way. That would make this site special. The best case would be that such stringent rules could be maintained and the site would eventually attract good participation from people who appreciate respect and civil discourse.

I would like it if the site ruled out personal attacks. If that happened, I would gladly change my Signature to be more positive.