User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Trump Discussing His Resignation & Possible Pardon

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Outside of Montreal
    Posts
    414
    Thanks Given
    1
    Thanked 171 Times in 144 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougRich View Post
    Trump being the very definition of a loose cannon anything is possible of course, but between the man's ego and his feeble grasp on reality I find it hard to imagine anything like this happening. As long as he has cronies and sycophants, in and out of government, to protect and run cover for him, I see him standing his ground and believing that he'll be okay in the end.

    Assuming the worst - that he's reelected and remains President till January 2025 - he would be almost 79 years old, assuming that he lives that long...and how many more years of court proceedings would be necessary to put somebody with his financial resources away? Rather than resign and do irreparable damage to his "legacy", I think's it far more likely that Trump will simply try to run out the clock.
    I've come to the conclusion that he is insane. This was probably first recognised by the Russians who cultivated him as an asset and it's likely he has exceeded all their expectations.
    By using social media they have also managed to control his followers, who aren't the brightest of people since they have been indoctrinated from birth into believing that America is invincible.
    He won't go easily. In only the last couple of days white supremesists have shown what a country with unlimited armaments available to all, can do. They aren't alone but aren't unified either so outbreaks of gun violence can break out anywhere.

  2. #12
    Senior Member DougRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    386
    Thanks Given
    86
    Thanked 405 Times in 238 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that he is insane. This was probably first recognised by the Russians who cultivated him as an asset and it's likely he has exceeded all their expectations.
    By using social media they have also managed to control his followers, who aren't the brightest of people since they have been indoctrinated from birth into believing that America is invincible.
    He won't go easily. In only the last couple of days white supremesists have shown what a country with unlimited armaments available to all, can do. They aren't alone but aren't unified either so outbreaks of gun violence can break out anywhere.
    I believe that the best answer to gun violence in the United States, all things considered, is to vastly increase the legal penalties for committing any crime while in possession of a firearm, as well as for being in possession of one while not lawfully able to do so. Going after the 2nd Amendment or making gun ownership more onerous or inconvenient for legal, law abiding firearms owners is not only a political non-starter, it's an agenda not shared by many liberals/Democrats/Trump opponents.

    I guess what I'm suggesting is that it's fine to be both anti-Trump and anti-gun, but counterproductive to assume that everyone who is the former is also the latter.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DougRich For This Useful Post:

    Gamewell45 (10-10-2020), PoliTalker (10-28-2020)

  4. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Outside of Montreal
    Posts
    414
    Thanks Given
    1
    Thanked 171 Times in 144 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougRich View Post
    I believe that the best answer to gun violence in the United States, all things considered, is to vastly increase the legal penalties for committing any crime while in possession of a firearm, as well as for being in possession of one while not lawfully able to do so. Going after the 2nd Amendment or making gun ownership more onerous or inconvenient for legal, law abiding firearms owners is not only a political non-starter, it's an agenda not shared by many liberals/Democrats/Trump opponents.

    I guess what I'm suggesting is that it's fine to be both anti-Trump and anti-gun, but counterproductive to assume that everyone who is the former is also the latter.
    It's too late to control guns in the US. But it's alternative is civil war and I bet that both the Chinese and Russians have plans to introduce it.
    It's plain to anyone other than an American that social media is a powerful tool in their hands. The Russians have already indoctrinated Trump's following with considerable ease, so getting them to turn on their opposition won't be that difficult. Trump does it without even trying. A concerted effort will be far more dangerous.

  5. #14
    Senior Member DougRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    386
    Thanks Given
    86
    Thanked 405 Times in 238 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    It's too late to control guns in the US.
    Agree. Countries like England and Japan started placing restrictions on private firearms ownership before there was a United States. Like W.C. Fields said about attempts to control alcohol - it's "like trying to tie a hair ribbon to a bolt of lightning".

    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    But it's alternative is civil war and I bet that both the Chinese and Russians have plans to introduce it.
    You lost me. Introduce what - gun control or civil war?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    It's plain to anyone other than an American that social media is a powerful tool in their hands. The Russians have already indoctrinated Trump's following with considerable ease, so getting them to turn on their opposition won't be that difficult. Trump does it without even trying. A concerted effort will be far more dangerous.
    Are you talking about violent armed assaults on "liberal" targets? Not that I honestly give a lot of credence to a prediction like that, but were it to happen the last thing you'd want to do is to disarm the potential targets.

  6. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Outside of Montreal
    Posts
    414
    Thanks Given
    1
    Thanked 171 Times in 144 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougRich View Post
    Agree. Countries like England and Japan started placing restrictions on private firearms ownership before there was a United States. Like W.C. Fields said about attempts to control alcohol - it's "like trying to tie a hair ribbon to a bolt of lightning".



    You lost me. Introduce what - gun control or civil war?



    Are you talking about violent armed assaults on "liberal" targets? Not that I honestly give a lot of credence to a prediction like that, but were it to happen the last thing you'd want to do is to disarm the potential targets.
    Civil war, because the easiest way for Russia to destroy the USA is for them to destroy themselves.
    Violent armed assaults on each other with Russia an observer.

    And how is this for a conspiracy theory.

    It strikes me that China developed covid19 as germ warfare but lost control of it.
    Imagine having developed the virus and then developing a vaccine. It's easy for the Chinese to vaccinate their entire army so that they have total immunity.
    Next, produce a few hundred vials of covid19 and send them to the US via the diplomatic bag.
    Next, choose a day when Americans are congregated in masses, such as Baseball, American Football, Tennis, Golf etc. all being played simultaneously. Choose the most crowded exits and blow the vials.
    Result - simultaneous outbreaks by the millions with no resistance because of the magnitude of the disaster.
    Invasion by millions of Chinese military with no resistance and all infrastructure intact.
    Not possible? Why not?

  7. #16
    Senior Member DougRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    386
    Thanks Given
    86
    Thanked 405 Times in 238 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    Civil war, because the easiest way for Russia to destroy the USA is for them to destroy themselves.
    Violent armed assaults on each other with Russia an observer.

    And how is this for a conspiracy theory.

    It strikes me that China developed covid19 as germ warfare but lost control of it.
    Imagine having developed the virus and then developing a vaccine. It's easy for the Chinese to vaccinate their entire army so that they have total immunity.
    Next, produce a few hundred vials of covid19 and send them to the US via the diplomatic bag.
    Next, choose a day when Americans are congregated in masses, such as Baseball, American Football, Tennis, Golf etc. all being played simultaneously. Choose the most crowded exits and blow the vials.
    Result - simultaneous outbreaks by the millions with no resistance because of the magnitude of the disaster.
    Invasion by millions of Chinese military with no resistance and all infrastructure intact.
    Not possible? Why not?
    Had Covid been released in such a manner, Public Health officials would have been able to pinpoint the release points fairly easily by backtracking the movements and activities of the first victims.

  8. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Outside of Montreal
    Posts
    414
    Thanks Given
    1
    Thanked 171 Times in 144 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougRich View Post
    Agree. Countries like England and Japan started placing restrictions on private firearms ownership before there was a United States. Like W.C. Fields said about attempts to control alcohol - it's "like trying to tie a hair ribbon to a bolt of lightning".



    You lost me. Introduce what - gun control or civil war?



    Are you talking about violent armed assaults on "liberal" targets? Not that I honestly give a lot of credence to a prediction like that, but were it to happen the last thing you'd want to do is to disarm the potential targets.
    Violent armed assault against each other.
    Because once it starts, only mass retaliation by 'authorities' could stop it.

  9. #18
    Senior Member DougRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    386
    Thanks Given
    86
    Thanked 405 Times in 238 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we can agree that both Russia and China routinely make every effort to cause division between Americans, and have for a long time. They see a weakened America as a path to their own greater influence and power on a global scale. Both Left and Right fringes assist them in that. While I still have some reservations about the degree of knowing complicity on Trump's part, he has obviously been a hugely successful tool in their hands. Radicalization begets radicalization, and with more and more Americans looking inward for their enemies, our true enemies are provided with all the cover and distractions they could ask for.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to DougRich For This Useful Post:

    PoliTalker (10-28-2020)

  11. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Outside of Montreal
    Posts
    414
    Thanks Given
    1
    Thanked 171 Times in 144 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So much for Trump's followers to digest this week...for example, he will leave the country if he loses the election.
    Now, there's confidence for you. The man you believe in doesn't believe in YOU.
    Only supporters of the GOP can be surprised by that Trump statement.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

    PoliTalker (10-28-2020)

  13. #20
    Senior Member DougRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    386
    Thanks Given
    86
    Thanked 405 Times in 238 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    So much for Trump's followers to digest this week...for example, he will leave the country if he loses the election.
    Now, there's confidence for you. The man you believe in doesn't believe in YOU.
    Only supporters of the GOP can be surprised by that Trump statement.
    From a legal standpoint, leaving the country after losing the election would probably be the smartest thing Trump has done in years.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to DougRich For This Useful Post:

    PoliTalker (10-28-2020)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •