Thread: The Slaughter of the Innocents in Chicago Continues

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Slaughter of the Innocents in Chicago Continues

With 9-Year Old Murdered

Outside of cities in war zones like Baghdad and Mogadishu, I doubt whether any supposedly civilized city has ever experienced anything like this.

Nine-Year old Janari Ricks was heading to his friend’s house to borrow a game controller. The straight “A” student and avid sports fan was gunned down in a hail of bullets before he got there.

Ricks became the 14th kid under the age of 18 murdered since June 20. The body count is unbelievable. For the year, 212 kids have been shot, 36 fatally.

The city has seen a 150 percent increase in shootings compared to last July. So far this year, murders are up 51 percent. But other crime stats don’t look so bad — probably because of the lockdown.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...rdered-n742148

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you cared that much, you would be a supporter of stringent gun control. Are you?

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    If you cared that much, you would be a supporter of stringent gun control. Are you?
    Given that the number of guns in America exceeds the population, I wonder whether stringent gun control, even if it could be passed, would have much of an effect. If straw purchases become more difficult, thefts of guns from homes would probably increase commensurately.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.” Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Given that the number of guns in America exceeds the population, I wonder whether stringent gun control, even if it could be passed, would have much of an effect. If straw purchases become more difficult, thefts of guns from homes would probably increase commensurately.
    If I were you, I would consider the size of the pandemic in the USA and compare it to the spurious belief that people are free to do as they please without recrimination.
    If an attempt were made to ban any weapon that was deemed to be one that could be used for more than self defense, which is all that is probably needed to maintain some semblence of law and order, I can see the prospects of civil war because freedom for some is considered above the lives of others.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    If I were you, I would consider the size of the pandemic in the USA and compare it to the spurious belief that people are free to do as they please without recrimination.
    If an attempt were made to ban any weapon that was deemed to be one that could be used for more than self defense, which is all that is probably needed to maintain some semblence of law and order, I can see the prospects of civil war because freedom for some is considered above the lives of others.
    Any attempt at banning in the current climate would result in civil disorder, at minimum.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.” Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Any attempt at banning in the current climate would result in civil disorder, at minimum.
    The current climate indicates that the US only has a Constitution if the right support it. They do under liberal governments but merely play lip support to Trump while shying away from their core beliefs, which only goes to show they don't have any.
    To quote one of Trump's favourite phrases "we'll wait and see".

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (08-13-2020)