PDA

View Full Version : Twelve Again!

DougRich
05-31-2018, 12:25 AM
New comic day today. Nothing came out that I'm reading or collecting except the new 'Sheena', but I did stop in to the "annex", where they consign all the back stock that is priced at 99 cents, along with older trades and hardcover collections that didn't sell, and I found a real bargain.

I mentioned in another thread that as a kid I loved (and still do) the "other company" superheroes, including ACG's Nemesis and Magicman. Dark Horse Comics apparently collected all those stories in a couple of hardcover volumes a while back.

$60 books, still in the shrink wrap, for five bucks each. Gonna have to make some time soon to forget about being a responsible grownup for a few hours and be twelve years old again.

William
05-31-2018, 09:18 PM
Lol, it's over four years since I was 12 - I wouldn't want to be that age again :nightmare:. People are only just starting to take me seriously now! :D

DougRich
05-31-2018, 10:47 PM
Lol, it's over four years since I was 12 - I wouldn't want to be that age again :nightmare:. People are only just starting to take me seriously now! :D

There are worse things, under most circumstances, than not being taken seriously, William. There will come a time when you'll miss being "just a kid". We oldsters do have to occasionally retreat, in whatever fashion, into that pre-responsibilities mindset in order to keep it together.

William
06-02-2018, 03:09 AM
There are worse things, under most circumstances, than not being taken seriously, William. There will come a time when you'll miss being "just a kid". We oldsters do have to occasionally retreat, in whatever fashion, into that pre-responsibilities mindset in order to keep it together.

Thanks for that Doug, but I will be 17 next birthday, so really no longer 'just a kid'. But even teens, like me, retreat into that mindset quite often, when we play computer games, etc. And I like it when the 'grown ups' do some off-the-wall stuff - it makes me feel like I'm not totally weird. :)

Green Lantern
06-02-2018, 03:41 AM

You'll find that most adults aren't taken seriously either.