User Tag List

Thread: How Trump Is Helping Tycoons Exploit the Pandemic

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How Trump Is Helping Tycoons Exploit the Pandemic

Great article on how the Trump administration is exploiting workers to the benefit of helping tycoons make a small fortune while at the same time putting the workers lives at risk.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...t-the-pandemic
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's quite evident to me that Trump doesn't care who in the US lives or dies for as individuals he has no use of them.
    When you think about it, he doesn't even care for his own followers, since he encourages them to not wear masks or maintain social distancing, so it's mainly conservatives who are taking the brunt of covid-19.
    Unfortunately, these selfish white supremacists are passing it on to those who don't deserve to suffer it, but the right doesn't really care, as long as covid-19 by-passes them.
    Most of them are cowards, the modern equivalent of the KKK, masked behind desks on which they pound away at computers, writing all types of crap that embroils their opponents into dispair, since any opposing view is countered with an attack on the individual rather than a counter to the remark.
    Trump loves it, encourages it, revels in it and laughs at his own supporters behind their backs because he is really in the business of stealing money and the best way to do that is by owning the USA, which he does at the moment.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You make a very good point about conservatives passing covid-19 on to those who don't deserve to suffer it and yes I agree most of them are cowards using the keyboard as their main weapon. Unfortunately it's going to take for many of them the virus taking out one of their family members before it sinks in.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's quite possible that by November the worst affected by covid-19 will be Trump's most loyal supporters.
    That's when his objection to mail in voting will backfire since those voters he relies on will be on ventilators.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

Gamewell45 (07-17-2020)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll do anything if he thinks it'll increases his chances of re-election. I watched Mary Trump's interview last night on MSNBC and it was very telling about what Trump is really all about. He'll stop at no ends to achieve his goals regardless of the costs or impact on people.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's quite amazing to watch Trump playing with American lives while he contemplates his future four years in the White House.
    While Americans are dropping from covid_19 at an ever increasing pace, he is advertising Goya foods from the Oval Office. It's pure comedy to an outsider like me, who realised years ago that the American dream, along with everything else was all hype, but when I posted such, I was roundly condemned for being jealous and more than useless, living, supposedly as I do, on America's teat.
    Well, now that Canadians would rather keep their distance from Americans, what will we next be accused of?
    It's evident to me that the notion of being one people acting together in adversity is nothing other than wishful thinking, since it's now clear to the rest of humanity that Americans are as much and even more selfish than others.
    It's not lost on America's enemies either. It will take years to regain the trust of allies and even longer from individuals outside of the USA.
    The blame lies in their own house this time. While everyone else is trying to improve their hold on life, Americans prefer to do the opposite.
    It's a sight to behold.
    Last edited by Beevee; 07-17-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree there has been significant damage to America's prestige and how our allies currently view the country, however I'm a believer in the saying "open wounds can heal as long as you don't dump salt into them". If Trump loses the election, the winner will have his hands full working to restore the country's perception to the rest of the world which will be an arduous task, but nonetheless can be accomplished through diplomacy and changes in how we conduct business.

This will certainly be an interesting election cycle in November.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have, for years, mentioned on the other site that education in the US was sadly lacking and was rife with propaganda. I was roundly condemned for it, told that as a foreigner I didn't know what I was talking about and told I should prove it.
    Well, it no longer needs proof from me. It's obvious to see. All that 'we are the best and everyone else is jealous' seems to have been whistling in the wind because it's evident that what Americans spout as 'freedom' is in fact selfishness and complete contempt for their fellow citizens.
    It can be seen every day, in the ever increasing coronavirus statistics whereby the simple wearing of a mask is taken as anathma to many, who are quite prepared to watch others die because they don't consider those sucuuming to it as equal value in life.
    America is now seen for what it always was, a Hollywood story and total fiction to boot.
    It's Trump's reality show following his script and a complete fabrication

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think all of America is as you describe, just a certain element brought on by Trump and his party which has certainly damaged the reputation of the country as viewed by the world. The refusal by some to wear the mask is seen as an act of defiance against the system which they don't agree with.

The funny thing is in our country, the pro-lifers will fight to the bitter end to save the life of an unborn child, yet once it is born, it can die for all they are concerned, especially once it comes down to money. The damage Trump and his party have done to the nation will most likely take years to repair.