Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Special Message to Trump Party Members

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by excommish View Post
    What do you suggest he do? The thugs are out of control and are overwhelming the police. I have a friend who is a New York City cop and some mutt hurled a montalv cocktail at his car last night while it was parked in a secure lot at his precinct. These looters and rioters have taken away the meaning of meaningful protest and are hurting people and businesses. I am all in favor of bringing the military in and I am reluctant to say this but we have no choice lives are at steak the liberal mayors of these cities should of taken action at the onset but they chose to take a passive approach. Our govenor Mr. Cuomo refuses to send in the National Guard to NYC. Something needs to be done
    I quite agree the thugs hold the upper hand.
    Perhaps you should consider who gave it to them. And to compound that, Trump has the audacity to disperse a genuine protest by tear gas and plastic bullets to enable a photo shoot outside of a church, flourishing a bible that not only did he not open but wouldn't know what was written in it anyway, since he has abused it from the first page to the last.
    What needs to be done won't be done until November and by then the chances of recovery are even futher down the road.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamewell45 View Post
    I think what he's doing right now is within reason; I don't believe anybody has been shot nor killed by the police. I think over time tensions will simmer down. I think the main problem is not the protesters but the rioters; they are most likely outside agitators coming in and creating the havoc that you currently are seeing. The police are moving in and arresting them as they catch them. I think things are a lot better in NYC as opposed to Minneapolis.
    What may be within reason now would not have been necessary at all if endemic racism had been recognised for what it was at the abolition of slavery and not over 100 years and more later.

There is no answer now. The propaganda eminating from both sides has an air of history about it.. It's enshrined in today's teaching and isn't even considered as a vice, but to many as a virtue.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    What may be within reason now would not have been necessary at all if endemic racism had been recognised for what it was at the abolition of slavery and not over 100 years and more later.

There is no answer now. The propaganda eminating from both sides has an air of history about it.. It's enshrined in today's teaching and isn't even considered as a vice, but to many as a virtue.
    You make a good point, however there is an old saying "No use crying over spilled milk" We need to move forward and focus on the future and not on the past since we cannot change the past but can shape the future.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamewell45 View Post
    You make a good point, however there is an old saying "No use crying over spilled milk" We need to move forward and focus on the future and not on the past since we cannot change the past but can shape the future.
    To shape the future there has to be a starting point.
    There isn't one. The US is too polarised.
    Don't think for even a minute that one single Trump supporter has changed stance on his leadership which they see as the catalyst in making America great again.
    Making America great again isn't just for the benefit of Americans. They have forgotten that. The rest of the world hasn't. Even if you discount Russia, China, Iran and N.Korea as bad players, the damage done to other countries and those who once were allies is incalculable. Don't think that once Trump has gone, everything will be hunky-dorey again. It won't.
    Theachery has it's price and loss of trust in the US will be difficult to reverse.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on!
    Someone other than me must have a viewpoint to post on today's comments by Esper and Mattis and the likely reaction of Trump supporters on their damning statements.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to know the 'People's House' has been acquired by Trump as another of his properties with Americans paying for his privacy.
    It's a good day for his supporters, seeing him extend his newly acquired property as an alternative to hiding in his bunker.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump supporters must be livid at the escalating costs of paying overtime to the police who are policing the agitators who are demonstrating against the police.
    Fancy, actually being paid overtime for the privilage of practicing a contact sport that many of them enjoy and would probably do at normal pay rates.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question:
    Why are there no pro Trump demonstrations or are they only being covered by FOX News?

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    To shape the future there has to be a starting point.
    There isn't one. The US is too polarised.
    Don't think for even a minute that one single Trump supporter has changed stance on his leadership which they see as the catalyst in making America great again.
    Making America great again isn't just for the benefit of Americans. They have forgotten that. The rest of the world hasn't. Even if you discount Russia, China, Iran and N.Korea as bad players, the damage done to other countries and those who once were allies is incalculable. Don't think that once Trump has gone, everything will be hunky-dorey again. It won't.
    Theachery has it's price and loss of trust in the US will be difficult to reverse.
    I believe with time positive change can occur; Trump at worst gets another 4 years and if not so be it, the rebuilding can start at either point.

As far as foreign policy goes, that may take longer. Our image has definitely been shattered.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure I understand why Trump would demand a covid-19 waiver from his own supporters, when making applications to attend his rally in Tulsa.

They ARE his supporters. They believe in him. They re-tweet his messages. They deny endemic racism exists. They support the police in their present form. They accept the version of events in Lafayette Square.
    Why would Trump even consider that any single one of his followers who trust his every word, would bring an action against him anyway?

The answer is evident to me.
    He doesn't trust them.
    That's the extent of Trump's loyalty in a nutshell .