Thread: Looking for the good in a volatile world

Senior Member Just AnotherPerson's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for the good in a volatile world

So lately things have been pretty volatile. I have pretty much just stepped out for a while. It is pretty sad to see the current state of things. I am an optimistic type of person and I do have a lot of hope. I think that getting caught up in the turmoil, is pointless really. If we want things in the world to change we have to change ourselves first. If we get all riled up what good are we? I find it sad to see everyone fighting each other so hard trying to triumph over each other. There are never any real winners in competition. I think Obamas presidency is proof of that.

Look at all of the work he did over 8 years making changes. Trump undid all of them with the stroke of a pen. LoL. It seems that sometimes we have senseless pursuits.

Sometimes I just want to see the sun shinning, I want to see the reality of the amazing world we live in. Life is too short for BS that doesn't really matter. The world is being torn apart by hate, History is repeating itself in so many ways. But still there are flowers in my driveway, the sun is shining, a baby deer hangs out in my yard. All over the world waves are crashing on the shores. Forests are filled with trees. People are sharing their hearts and lives. There is goodness and there is kindness. It is so easy to forget, when all you see is the bad.

I find it to be important to look for the good from time to time.

snowy-mountain-sunsetjfyjyjk-wallpaper-photo-On-wallpaper-hd.jpg

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    So lately things have been pretty volatile. I have pretty much just stepped out for a while. It is pretty sad to see the current state of things. I am an optimistic type of person and I do have a lot of hope. I think that getting caught up in the turmoil, is pointless really. If we want things in the world to change we have to change ourselves first. If we get all riled up what good are we? I find it sad to see everyone fighting each other so hard trying to triumph over each other. There are never any real winners in competition. I think Obamas presidency is proof of that.

Look at all of the work he did over 8 years making changes. Trump undid all of them with the stroke of a pen. LoL. It seems that sometimes we have senseless pursuits.

Sometimes I just want to see the sun shinning, I want to see the reality of the amazing world we live in. Life is too short for BS that doesn't really matter. The world is being torn apart by hate, History is repeating itself in so many ways. But still there are flowers in my driveway, the sun is shining, a baby deer hangs out in my yard. All over the world waves are crashing on the shores. Forests are filled with trees. People are sharing their hearts and lives. There is goodness and there is kindness. It is so easy to forget, when all you see is the bad.

I find it to be important to look for the good from time to time.

snowy-mountain-sunsetjfyjyjk-wallpaper-photo-On-wallpaper-hd.jpg
    Imagine if you weren't that optimistic.

The flowers in your garden would be eaten by baby deer under a cloudy sky due to greenhouse emissions while the ocean waves would continue to wash up all the dead fish with stomachs filled with plastic waste.

PS. I forgot about the excess flooding caused by trees that no longer permeate forests which would otherwise each retain 80 gallons of water.

It isn't just politics that's dirty these days.
    Last edited by Beevee; 08-09-2019 at 11:10 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (08-09-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    Imagine if you weren't that optimistic.

The flowers in your garden would be eaten by baby deer under a cloudy sky due to greenhouse emissions while the ocean waves would continue to wash up all the dead fish with stomachs filled with plastic waste.

PS. I forgot about the excess flooding caused by trees that no longer permeate forests which would otherwise each retain 80 gallons of water.

It isn't just politics that's dirty these days.
    That is true, and it is much worse than that. But I was just looking for what is not wrong, just for a second.
    I focus on climate destruction a lot. But I also appreciate the beauty of our planet greatly. I guess that is the reason I care so much about the damages we have done to this planet, because I find it miraculous and beautiful. Having such an appreciation and understanding of its value makes it all that much more painful to know of its destruction. But even so, I can still go outside and look at the magnificence of a flower glowing with presence. I can still listen to the wind blowing gently through the trees, at least for now. I can still go out at night and look out at the night sky filled with countless stars taking my breath away each time. My heart is filled with love for many people, and their hearts are filled with love for me. I appreciate sharing kindness in the world. I believe acts of kindness are a natural and beautiful way of being. For now I am still alive. There is a lot that is wrong, and I will work on fixing those things until my last day, but form time to time I will let my heart loosed, and appreciate the beauty that still shines everywhere if we just know where to look.

P.S
    I love it when those baby deer eat my flowers. It is the most precious sight.

But everything you said is true, and then some. I remain optimistic even though...…..
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 08-09-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me know if you find it. I'm hopelessly pessimistic about it and I'm not a pessimistic person.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Let me know if you find it. I'm hopelessly pessimistic about it and I'm not a pessimistic person.
    Sure no problem.....
    I have already found it.
    This morning the sun came up again....well technically the earth rotated but you get the gist.
    Today you still have your loved ones in your life.
    If you still have enough health to enjoy life.
    You might get to go for that evening walk with your wife again today, one more time.
    Knowing that your children are all ok.
    There really is so much goodness.

I could go on all day

I took a drive the other day seeing Mt Rainer and the moon in the same sky. I would say that is pretty good.
    I seen some commotion if front of a store a few weeks ago. It looked like two elderly people needed help, and several people were helping them to their car.
    Honestly the first good thing I see every day is when I open my eyes, Gods be praised LoL. I get another day.
    To know my loved ones are all as ok as they can be.
    To still have those who I love, there is not much more precious than that.

rainer moon.jpg

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (08-14-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure no problem.....
    I have already found it.
    This morning the sun came up again....well technically the earth rotated but you get the gist.
    Today you still have your loved ones in your life.
    If you still have enough health to enjoy life.
    You might get to go for that evening walk with your wife again today, one more time.
    Knowing that your children are all ok.
    There really is so much goodness.

I could go on all day

I took a drive the other day seeing Mt Rainer and the moon in the same sky. I would say that is pretty good.
    I seen some commotion if front of a store a few weeks ago. It looked like two elderly people needed help, and several people were helping them to their car.
    Honestly the first good thing I see every day is when I open my eyes, Gods be praised LoL. I get another day.
    To know my loved ones are all as ok as they can be.
    To still have those who I love, there is not much more precious than that.

rainer moon.jpg
    I know there are pockets of it for you, me and other people but I also know a lot of people in this world don't know it and maybe never will.

I'm looking at it in it's entirety.
    my junk is ugly

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (08-14-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know there are pockets of it for you, me and other people but I also know a lot of people in this world don't know it and maybe never will.

I'm looking at it in it's entirety.
    That is true that there are a lot of people who are not able to find it. I know several people like that who no matter what are not able to find good. Some also have a negative outlook and are not interested in finding the good. They complain constantly about how wrong everything is, and how they wish it was better. But mean while they may be healthy. The sky is still blue, the birds are flying outside.

I guess I am just hopelessly optimistic. Sure I notice what is wrong and it gets me from time to time. I go off in the other forum on a rant. But ultimately I see the world in a good light. I am not unseeing the bad. I know there is bad. We have war, starvation, climate destruction, animal extinctions, disparities. But if we are lucky enough to not be in some of the worst conditions there is always enough good to see it.

When I got sick and almost died from a bad pharmaceutical. I was in a bad way. It took every thing in my power to look for the good. There I was suddenly plagued with end stage Parkinson's like symptoms, paralysis, tremors, trouble breathing, heart murmur. But I still forced myself to look for the good. Perhaps most in my situation would have died. But I fought so hard to live. I practiced meditation like never before, forcing myself to see the reality of beauty in the world even through my sick body.

When I finally made it through the worst of the sickness. I went and sat next to my loved one for days. I thought that was going to be it. I was so afraid, what would happen to him without me? I already appreciate life deeply. But that little episode really showed me that the greatest thing that any person can have in the world is their health. We don't realize it when we are healthy. But if we lose it, then we see, there is nothing more valuable. Even a wealthy person will pay every penny they have to try and live if they get sick.

Without health we cannot enjoy our lives or live it the same way.
    We need our health in order to enjoy living.
    The second most important thing is having your loved ones close, and knowing that they are ok and healthy. That is the second most precious thing we can have.
    The third is a roof over our heads, and food to eat, having our basic comforts met. Out side of these three there is nothing more precious or more beautiful in the world. Without these the flavor of life would be diminished greatly.

Life is precious. All life.

To be able to see the beauty of the world with these eyes is such a gift. There are those who cannot see. There are those who cannot look at a blazing sunset, or who cannot look at the vast starry sky at night.

To be able to walk is a miracle.
    To be able to feel and experience living is a miracle of unmatched wonder. To have the gift of going outside and feeling sun warm your skin, or to feel the breeze, or listen to the wind move through the trees.
    There are wonderful things inside of us and all around us.

I understand that some people are lacking and don't have the basic luxuries, they do suffer. There are injustices. But those of us who have these basic things like just being alive or having eyesight, being able to walk. Those who have a shelter, and basic needs met have everything they could ever desire. Sometimes we just don't know what we have.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (08-15-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is true that there are a lot of people who are not able to find it. I know several people like that who no matter what are not able to find good. Some also have a negative outlook and are not interested in finding the good. They complain constantly about how wrong everything is, and how they wish it was better. But mean while they may be healthy. The sky is still blue, the birds are flying outside.

I guess I am just hopelessly optimistic. Sure I notice what is wrong and it gets me from time to time. I go off in the other forum on a rant. But ultimately I see the world in a good light. I am not unseeing the bad. I know there is bad. We have war, starvation, climate destruction, animal extinctions, disparities. But if we are lucky enough to not be in some of the worst conditions there is always enough good to see it.

When I got sick and almost died from a bad pharmaceutical. I was in a bad way. It took every thing in my power to look for the good. There I was suddenly plagued with end stage Parkinson's like symptoms, paralysis, tremors, trouble breathing, heart murmur. But I still forced myself to look for the good. Perhaps most in my situation would have died. But I fought so hard to live. I practiced meditation like never before, forcing myself to see the reality of beauty in the world even through my sick body.

When I finally made it through the worst of the sickness. I went and sat next to my loved one for days. I thought that was going to be it. I was so afraid, what would happen to him without me? I already appreciate life deeply. But that little episode really showed me that the greatest thing that any person can have in the world is their health. We don't realize it when we are healthy. But if we lose it, then we see, there is nothing more valuable. Even a wealthy person will pay every penny they have to try and live if they get sick.

Without health we cannot enjoy our lives or live it the same way.
    We need our health in order to enjoy living.
    The second most important thing is having your loved ones close, and knowing that they are ok and healthy. That is the second most precious thing we can have.
    The third is a roof over our heads, and food to eat, having our basic comforts met. Out side of these three there is nothing more precious or more beautiful in the world. Without these the flavor of life would be diminished greatly.

Life is precious. All life.

To be able to see the beauty of the world with these eyes is such a gift. There are those who cannot see. There are those who cannot look at a blazing sunset, or who cannot look at the vast starry sky at night.

To be able to walk is a miracle.
    To be able to feel and experience living is a miracle of unmatched wonder. To have the gift of going outside and feeling sun warm your skin, or to feel the breeze, or listen to the wind move through the trees.
    There are wonderful things inside of us and all around us.

I understand that some people are lacking and don't have the basic luxuries, they do suffer. There are injustices. But those of us who have these basic things like just being alive or having eyesight, being able to walk. Those who have a shelter, and basic needs met have everything they could ever desire. Sometimes we just don't know what we have.
    That is the main reason why I staunchly oppose abortion.
    my junk is ugly

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (08-15-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the main reason why I staunchly oppose abortion.
    Yeah I am not a fan of it either. But I am not sure anyone could be.
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 08-15-2019 at 07:25 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (08-15-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I am not a fan of it either. But I am not sure anyone could be.
    It's become more of a political football than the conceptual aspect.

Same as guns.
    my junk is ugly

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

Gamewell45 (08-15-2019), Just AnotherPerson (08-15-2019)