User Tag List

Thread: Is the media goading Trump into war?

Senior Member Just AnotherPerson's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the media goading Trump into war?

This is a current event, but also a rant. I was pretty sicked out today by many of the headlines. I was shocked at how many media outlets were blasting trump for calling off the strike they say he had planned for Iran. I mean are you serious? Really? Talk about showing your true colors.

We all know that our gov is corporate owned. We also know the media is corporate owned. They have the upper hand on our policy direction and directing public opinion.

One day they are blasting Trump because he might start war, the next day they are blasting him for not following through with going to war. I noticed the media doing this same thing to him on North Korea. Some things never end.

I am not a fan of the Maniac in the white house, but it is a good thing that he didn't strike Iran. I mean he still might. He is looking for an excuse.

Also I think we need to keep in mind this is classic Trump politics. It was probably all a set up to freak Iran out, who knows. But Trump likes to give threats, and then pull them back. He conducts our nation with these tactics. I mean I guess he made a lot of money doing business with his tactics, but when he deals with our nation the same way he does with dirty business, it is a cause for concern. His business was not all it was cracked up to be either. He filed bankruptcy several times. He says he used the system to his benefit when he talks about his bankruptcies. But guess what Mr.Prez, there is no fall back if you completely bankrupt our nation.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Cornwall (06-25-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He runs his businesses by intimidation and has succeeded in running America the same way.
    He looks for people who don't answer back and dispenses with those who do.
    He sees do difference between business and government, other than government us bigger.
    He probably doesn't have an answer to bankrupting a nation other than claiming it wasn't his fault which it won't be in his eyes, since he genuinely believes he doesn't make mistakes.
    He is a very dangerous person and unfortunately Americans will realise it but only when it is too late.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

Cornwall (06-25-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    This is a current event, but also a rant. I was pretty sicked out today by many of the headlines. I was shocked at how many media outlets were blasting trump for calling off the strike they say he had planned for Iran. I mean are you serious? Really? Talk about showing your true colors.

We all know that our gov is corporate owned. We also know the media is corporate owned. They have the upper hand on our policy direction and directing public opinion.

One day they are blasting Trump because he might start war, the next day they are blasting him for not following through with going to war. I noticed the media doing this same thing to him on North Korea. Some things never end.

I am not a fan of the Maniac in the white house, but it is a good thing that he didn't strike Iran. I mean he still might. He is looking for an excuse.

Also I think we need to keep in mind this is classic Trump politics. It was probably all a set up to freak Iran out, who knows. But Trump likes to give threats, and then pull them back. He conducts our nation with these tactics. I mean I guess he made a lot of money doing business with his tactics, but when he deals with our nation the same way he does with dirty business, it is a cause for concern. His business was not all it was cracked up to be either. He filed bankruptcy several times. He says he used the system to his benefit when he talks about his bankruptcies. But guess what Mr.Prez, there is no fall back if you completely bankrupt our nation.
    The media exists for "news" and it profit by it, so yes they goad Trump - he's generally too much of an narcissist to ignore it. Perhaps he's learning or he has better handlers.

His tactics are leaving him without America's best allies, so in a conflict with Iran, America is unlikely to have any support from traditional quarters so an Iran conflict is likely to be extremely costly for America if it's traditional warfare. That price tag may encourage the use of nuclear warfare, albeit of a limited nature. That could turn very ugly very fast in terms of world reaction, so I pray that doesn't happen. Unfortunately I don't have faith that Trump would see the consequences and prevent it.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.” Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    The media exists for "news" and it profit by it, so yes they goad Trump - he's generally too much of an narcissist to ignore it. Perhaps he's learning or he has better handlers.

His tactics are leaving him without America's best allies, so in a conflict with Iran, America is unlikely to have any support from traditional quarters so an Iran conflict is likely to be extremely costly for America if it's traditional warfare. That price tag may encourage the use of nuclear warfare, albeit of a limited nature. That could turn very ugly very fast in terms of world reaction, so I pray that doesn't happen. Unfortunately I don't have faith that Trump would see the consequences and prevent it.
    He chickened out over the Iran strike, not because he cared one iota about the inevitable death of Iranians (because he doesn't care about dying immigrant children in US custody) but because of the retaliation and the likely death of Americans.
    He knows the soul serching that comes with just one dead military member, so, the death of many would tarnish that image and since Trump is all about Trump, any other reason is nothing more than an afterthought.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suspect he is brutalising his allies into action on his behalf, which is good from the US perspective.
    But don't think Iran is out of the woods yet.
    The one thing about this is, there is always potential for a deal with him. As North Korea demonstrated.
    And re-election is looming. A military exercise may affect the vote.