Thread: Trump warns of 'market crash' if he loses in 2020

Senior Member Just AnotherPerson's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump warns of 'market crash' if he loses in 2020

Now it looks like Trump is going to try and strong arm the people of his own nation just like he does to foreign nations. He is now threatening us with ruin if he does not get his way. This does not sound like a man who has love for his nation and its citizens.

See more at the link https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-loses-in-2020

Excerpt:

President Trump asserted on Saturday there would be dire economic consequences should he lose the 2020 presidential race, leaning into his reelection slogan, "Keep America Great."

“The Trump Economy is setting records, and has a long way up to go....However, if anyone but me takes over in 2020 (I know the competition very well), there will be a Market Crash the likes of which has not been seen before! KEEP AMERICA GREAT,” he tweeted.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just more scare tactics from the Donald himself. I wouldn't take him seriously at all.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (06-19-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamewell45 View Post
    Just more scare tactics from the Donald himself. I wouldn't take him seriously at all.
    That is good advice. We really shouldn't take him seriously. But he does have the power to do real damage to our nation, and the world. Even if it is just a scare tactic. It just says a lot that he would use a tactic like that against his own people. I guess that is what I am saying. Even though he may not follow through with much of his rhetoric, he is doing well dividing this nation and causing real true harm.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    That is good advice. We really shouldn't take him seriously. But he does have the power to do real damage to our nation, and the world. Even if it is just a scare tactic. It just says a lot that he would use a tactic like that against his own people. I guess that is what I am saying. Even though he may not follow through with much of his rhetoric, he is doing well dividing this nation and causing real true harm.
    He certainly does have the ability do real damage to our nation which is why it is so imperative IMO to either vote him out of office in 2020 or if enough support in both houses, to impeach him and get him out of the picture as soon as possible.

I think he's damaged our reputation around the world, made the political polarization of the American people even greater then it ever has been and in general is just a very evil person.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He certainly does have the ability do real damage to our nation which is why it is so imperative IMO to either vote him out of office in 2020 or if enough support in both houses, to impeach him and get him out of the picture as soon as possible.

I think he's damaged our reputation around the world, made the political polarization of the American people even greater then it ever has been and in general is just a very evil person.
    Well said, every single word. I used to be against impeachment, just because Pence looks really sinister. I can't imagine him ever being president. I am thinking he may be worse than trump if that is possible. I mean is there a way to impeach both of them? Lol. But, impeachment is looking like a better idea every single day. Who knows how much more real damage will be done to our nation and the world if we don't act. 100% for sure we must vote that awful person out of office. I hope we succeed. If we don't then we are in for it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Gamewell45 (06-19-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Well said, every single word. I used to be against impeachment, just because Pence looks really sinister. I can't imagine him ever being president. I am thinking he may be worse than trump if that is possible. I mean is there a way to impeach both of them? Lol. But, impeachment is looking like a better idea every single day. Who knows how much more real damage will be done to our nation and the world if we don't act. 100% for sure we must vote that awful person out of office. I hope we succeed. If we don't then we are in for it.
    I think IMO Pence is nothing more then Trumps messenger boy and a cardboard cutout that Trump can put on display as needed. If he succeeded Trump in the presidency I don't know how effective he would be for the republican party, although I'd think he'd at least listen to his advisers and stick it out until his term of office ended. Then he could go back to Indiana and write a few books on his experience as VP then as President. Either way impeachment or 2020 cannot come fast enough. I just hope the country survives this mess.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think IMO Pence is nothing more then Trumps messenger boy and a cardboard cutout that Trump can put on display as needed. If he succeeded Trump in the presidency I don't know how effective he would be for the republican party, although I'd think he'd at least listen to his advisers and stick it out until his term of office ended. Then he could go back to Indiana and write a few books on his experience as VP then as President. Either way impeachment or 2020 cannot come fast enough. I just hope the country survives this mess.
    Well I sure hope you are right about Pence. I am not so sure. But I do agree 100% impeachment or 2020 need to get here like yesterday. Our nation is barely surviving. But what I do know is that there are more good people in this world than there are bad. Most decent people who care about what is good and right in the world, are not Trump supporters. I know that there are some good people who are Trump supporters. I don't mean to say something bad about all of his supporters, that would be wrong.

But many of his supporters defend every single wrong that he does, no matter how awful or wrong it is. If he violates the constitution they just say well you weren't complaining when Hillary or Obama did that. Oh yes we were. They defend things that most would not even be able to stomach, his over 20 sex assault accusers, His hot mic incident saying he touches women without their consent, his participation of our nation in a genocide in Yemen, locking children in cages. There is no wrong that Trump can do that most of his supporters will not defend. It seems to me that, even if they destroy this nation, they will do so in a celebratory hail of glory, LoL.

But in the reality of normal people, most of us just cant believe this is happening. How the heck did we get here? If the people step up to the plate we can fix this. Most of us are decent, most of us want what is right. So I do believe it is salvageable, and that there is still hope for our nation.

Honestly I have only ever met a few Trump supporters. Most people I meet want him impeached, or voted out. It is time for the people of this nation to step up to the plate and participate in our Democratic Republic and do our civic duties as citizens of this nation.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will be a stock market crash. At the moment it is built on the perception that the economy is strong but it's artificial. Whether he stays or whether he goes it will take a dive when those at the top of the tree collude to take their profits.
    You won't know it's coming.
    You will take a hit on your investments.
    They won't, but when every little fish is fighting to get out while the oxygen lasts, they will be there, buying again at bargain prices...so they can continue to screw those who didn't get it the first time round.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

Gamewell45 (06-19-2019), Just AnotherPerson (06-19-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    There will be a stock market crash. At the moment it is built on the perception that the economy is strong but it's artificial. Whether he stays or whether he goes it will take a dive when those at the top of the tree collude to take their profits.
    They won't, but when every little fish is fighting to get out while the oxygen lasts, they will be there, buying again at bargain prices...so they can continue to screw those who didn't get it the first time round.
    Aint' that the truth, well said Beevee, well said!

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    I suspect there is a lot of validity to what you are saying. The economy is definitely artificial at this point of time; there will be a lot of very shocked people if and when the market crashes. There will be the usual finger pointing that Washington is famous for when things like these occur. The only people who'll make out will be those with deep pockets, like you say to buying up everything they can at bargain prices. I remember the crash of 1987; my fathers 401.k lost half its value in about 12 hours and he never made much of it back.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (06-20-2019)