Memorial Day for me is the most sacred holiday of the year, even more sacred then Christmas. For my entire working career, I refused to work on Memorial Day except once when I was forced to. So here I am this Memorial Day, about to get dressed in my uniform and head down to the Memorial Day Ceremony; we'll march in the parade (which is about a 2,000 ft long march), march by close to 300+ townsfolk (that's a good chunk of the Hamlets population), listen to the speeches, hear the Town Clerk belt out "God Bless America", observe the placement of the wreath, stand at attention when they play Taps, the 9 shot salute, shake hands with all the veterans and head down to the firehouse for a town wide bbq. No political signs or speeches, today we are all one, keeping in mind why we are there.

The weather is perfect; low humidity and not a cloud in the sky.

I hope everyone has a very safe day as we reflect on the sacrifices made by all the men and women who have served our country, especially those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

**I posted this in another forum this morning but felt it was fitting to post it here as well since the message is the same**