User Tag List

Thread: Masons and Government

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Masons and Government

So one thing I wonder about is how are our brethren in government doing with all of this divisiveness? We know that there are brothers on both sides of the isle who do not necessarily agree with each other, but do you think that they ever try to use the old landmarks to try and solve problems rather than just let fur fly? I would think that it's entirely possible for brethren to meet and actually decide to use masonic principles to set an example of cooperation in the bee hive.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jet57 For This Useful Post:

Gamewell45 (04-30-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    So one thing I wonder about is how are our brethren in government doing with all of this divisiveness? We know that there are brothers on both sides of the isle who do not necessarily agree with each other, but do you think that they ever try to use the old landmarks to try and solve problems rather than just let fur fly? I would think that it's entirely possible for brethren to meet and actually decide to use masonic principles to set an example of cooperation in the bee hive.
    It's hard to say how many congressmen and Senators in the Beltway who are Brothers; regardless the problem I think would be the profane and convincing them of the benefits of masonic principals as an example of cooperation in the political world.

Of course the Brothers could meet and lead by example depending on the numbers in both Houses.

I've posted a link which provides a list of "famous Freemasons" which include some politicians both dead and alive. It makes for good reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Freemasons
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamewell45 View Post
    It's hard to say how many congressmen and Senators in the Beltway who are Brothers; regardless the problem I think would be the profane and convincing them of the benefits of masonic principals as an example of cooperation in the political world.

Of course the Brothers could meet and lead by example depending on the numbers in both Houses.

I've posted a link which provides a list of "famous Freemasons" which include some politicians both dead and alive. It makes for good reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Freemasons
    All it takes is a couple of guys to get together and write a competent bill of "welfare" for the country, and visit each of the other brothers for signatures. It would have to be profane, but that wouldn't be the point.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All it takes is a couple of guys to get together and write a competent bill of "welfare" for the country, and visit each of the other brothers for signatures. It would have to be profane, but that wouldn't be the point.
    I agree that it would be a great thing for our country if like you say some of the brothers get together and write a competent bill of welfare for the country. I'm wondering if the current polarization of the political parties in this country is so deep that at this point it's unlikely to occur?

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too deep, unlikely to occur.
    The current realpolitik has managed to shatter all convention, all principle, all morals and all pragmatism. It is poised to destroy the very fabric of democracy itself and render null and void the notion of respect for the law. Freemasonry doesn't stand a chance. In fact, freemasons better make a decision now to fight or take the yoke.

Dismiss my warning at your peril.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler View Post
    Too deep, unlikely to occur.
    The current realpolitik has managed to shatter all convention, all principle, all morals and all pragmatism. It is poised to destroy the very fabric of democracy itself and render null and void the notion of respect for the law. Freemasonry doesn't stand a chance. In fact, freemasons better make a decision now to fight or take the yoke.

Dismiss my warning at your peril.
    That's what Hitler said. The Pope said it too; over and over again, but masons are and have always been alive and well as we will continue to be.

I think you sort of missed the point though. "The principles of freemasonry": the old landmarks - are what drives us and holds us together. Those principles are of particular importance in times of great stress or danger. As such masonic representatives - as patriots - have a responsibility to others, as do all masons the world over, to do the right thing, be the right person, act the right way, hold the welfare of others above your own, aid where it is needed, and since there are a great many masons in government not just in the US, but everywhere, that binding can go a long way toward rebuilding trust and wouldn't it be great trust led the way...

And just so's 'ya know - masons don't wear badges; you'll never know one to meet one, unless you listen very closely or are very, very - very observant. But because we can do those things, we know who we are in any setting anywhere.
    Last edited by jet57; 05-11-2019 at 02:27 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jet57 For This Useful Post:

Checkerboard Strangler (05-12-2019), Gamewell45 (05-11-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what Hitler said. The Pope said it too; over and over again, but masons are and have always been alive and well as we will continue to be.

I think you sort of missed the point though. "The principles of freemasonry": the old landmarks - are what drives us and holds us together. Those principles are of particular importance in times of great stress or danger. As such masonic representatives - as patriots - have a responsibility to others, as do all masons the world over, to do the right thing, be the right person, act the right way, hold the welfare of others above your own, aid where it is needed, and since there are a great many masons in government not just in the US, but everywhere, that binding can go a long way toward rebuilding trust and wouldn't it be great trust led the way...

And just so's 'ya know - masons don't wear badges; you'll never know one to meet one, unless you listen very closely or are very, very - very observant. But because we can do those things, we know who we are in any setting anywhere.
    Very well said! we know one in the dark as well as in the light.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

jet57 (05-27-2019)