Senior Member Just AnotherPerson's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WH considered releasing migrants in 'sanctuary cities': Report

I can't believe this is real. Really!?

Here is another great article it is more like a rant, LoL.
    https://www.salon.com/2019/04/12/uni...igrant-racism/

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a link to another article on this. https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/12/polit...ies/index.html

What really gets me is they keep saying in this article that these immigrants were trying to enter illegally. I am mystified by people saying this. A person who is seeking political asylum and going through the proper channels is not illegal. In fact it is illegal to deny them their right to apply. We don't have to grant them entrance if they fail the vetting, and so on. But it is law that we have to allow them to apply. I am shocked every time I hear people say that those who are seeking asylum are illegal immigrants. That is simply untrue, they are immigrants, but not illegal ones.

An illegal immigrant is someone who sneaks in who does not apply for asylum. In another forum I once even went above and beyond and found links to all of the laws, but it didn't do any good. Even though I posted the laws, it didn't seem to resolve any of the misunderstandings. The immigrants were still labeled as illegals. It is laughable since if you go though proper channels it is not illegal. Just blows my mind really.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Gamewell45 (04-12-2019), RadioGod (04-12-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Here is a link to another article on this. https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/12/polit...ies/index.html

What really gets me is they keep saying in this article that these immigrants were trying to enter illegally. I am mystified by people saying this. A person who is seeking political asylum and going through the proper channels is not illegal. In fact it is illegal to deny them their right to apply. We don't have to grant them entrance if they fail the vetting, and so on. But it is law that we have to allow them to apply. I am shocked every time I hear people say that those who are seeking asylum are illegal immigrants. That is simply untrue, they are immigrants, but not illegal ones.

An illegal immigrant is someone who sneaks in who does not apply for asylum. In another forum I once even went above and beyond and found links to all of the laws, but it didn't do any good. Even though I posted the laws, it didn't seem to resolve any of the misunderstandings. The immigrants were still labeled as illegals. It is laughable since if you go though proper channels it is not illegal. Just blows my mind really.
    Wow. I can see why this was just "floated" to gauge public reaction first. The thing that is really scary is these sanctuary cities, like LA and Seattle, already have horrible traffic and housing shortages. The housing is already way above the norm in cost, so much so that anyone earning minimum wage has to rent an apartment with 1 or 2 other people just to make ends meet. And that is in the ghettos.
    I have no idea off the cuff how bad things would get if they were suddenly given all immigrants who didn't even have work permits yet, nor completed their vetting.
    And even thought these sanctuary cities don't have their local law enforcement specifically targeting immigrants, if they run across an immigrant who is involved in criminal activity, they will hand them over to ICE after their court proceedings. And the feds still run their own immigration operations in these cities anyways, so it's not like these are real sanctuaries.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RadioGod For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (04-12-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:

Trump says he will go ahead with releasing the migrants in sanctuary cities. This is how Trump does business, it is his calling card, that gets him his way. The only problem is that people are on to it, and it has not been working out for him anymore.

See more at the link https://nypost.com/2019/04/15/trump-...ctuary-cities/

Excerpt:

WASHINGTON – President Trump said Monday that he plans to go ahead with his plan to send migrants to sanctuary cities.
    “Those Illegal Immigrants who can no longer be legally held (Congress must fix the laws and loopholes) will be, subject to Homeland Security, given to Sanctuary Cities and States!” Trump tweeted.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Under the Trump regime laws are only relevant if they conform to his way of thinking. It's obvious, by the way he treats with contempt those laws that do not serve his purpose.
    As long as he has a following of those who do not care what he does, as long as it is supportive of their agenda of white supremacy, it won't change.

The danger lurking for the GOP is probably five years forward, when and if Trump's support is transferred to whoever succeeds him in the run up to the 2024 race for the White House.
    Should a Democrat be elected president, I think the tables will be turned with such force that the only thing the GOP will hang on to is it's name.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (04-17-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    Under the Trump regime laws are only relevant if they conform to his way of thinking. It's obvious, by the way he treats with contempt those laws that do not serve his purpose.
    As long as he has a following of those who do not care what he does, as long as it is supportive of their agenda of white supremacy, it won't change.

The danger lurking for the GOP is probably five years forward, when and if Trump's support is transferred to whoever succeeds him in the run up to the 2024 race for the White House.
    Should a Democrat be elected president, I think the tables will be turned with such force that the only thing the GOP will hang on to is it's name.
    Well said!

The crazy thing is that he does not have a very big base of people who are supporting him. It is just that they are so awful and belligerent that they seem like more people than they actually are. For instance something I realized about "the other place" that we post. There are some 70 or so people who post there, up to 80 at times. Believe it or not there are only less than 20 people who are so awful that they make it seem like they are the whole forum. But in actuality there are some 40 or 50 other people who post there who are very decent and pleasant people. But you wouldn't know it. It can be likened to the drunk uncle at the wedding party. Once he gets out of control, you don't even notice the bride and groom anymore. It is all about the drunk uncle. Not because he is pleasant but rather because he is so awful that he is the only thing you notice. He completely ruins what would have been a beautiful event. That is what Trumps base is like.

How he won the election I will never know. There most certainly is hacking of elections and cheating on both sides. The one wins that out cheats the other. It is a sad state really.

I think we are witnessing first hand the very reason that in Egypt after a bad rulers reign ended that they took sledge hammers to the statues faces. They erased all of the carved names, they worked to erase that bad person from history for all time. I think we are now experiencing their sentiment.

Trumps base was only about 35% to begin with but now I believe it is much much less as he continues his reign.