User Tag List

Thread: Assange and consequences

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assange and consequences

So, Assange has been arrested in London and the Prime Minister claims that nobody in the UK is above the law. I assume the charge against him is that he failed to attend a bail hearing which is sufficient to detain him. But what happens from here now that an extradition request by the US has been issued?

Since Trump advocates for Assange, I assume he won't be too happy. Which, at a guess, indicates he wasn't aware of current ongoing actions by, presumably, the Justice Dept.

I await the forthcoming tweet rants....or not.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (04-11-2019)

Senior Member Just AnotherPerson's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it is pretty insane we are now going after the press. I guess he shouldn't have helped Trump by publishing all that dirt on Hillary. If you look at Trumps cabinet you will see how he uses up people and throws them away. Looks like he was deeply conditioned by his tv character, he took that whole "Your fired" thing to the next level, but in real life. He seems to have not gone beyond that mentality.

Now he will work to silence the media. Who needs a free press?

During Trump's campaign he was a strong advocate for Wikilleaks. But not long ago as President he was like who is Julian Assange. That is when the media had to compile his over 100 times of saying how much he loved Wikileaks. LoL, Now he will just throw Assange under the bus. It is pretty shameful really.

I guess Trump is still saying he knows nothing of Assange. https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/reac...ry?id=62330641

Well that is funny. His base will believe any lie even when given proof. http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/tru...-1096403523611

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, Trump is a coward.
    He doesn't have the guts to fire anybody. He gets his never ending Chiefs of Staff to do it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    Actually, Trump is a coward.
    He doesn't have the guts to fire anybody. He gets his never ending Chiefs of Staff to do it.
    I feel a little bit differently. I can see how he could be viewed as a coward though. And you are right he does have his staff do it, but they do it on his order. He has no qualms about boasting about it to the media. Or tweeting it out. I feel that he is pretty bold. He is taking on this whole nation, and he does not care what anyone says or thinks about it. Like the way he is supporting Saudi Arabia against the wishes of congress and the people of his own nation. He absolutely does not care. He is ruthless and cold. He is going against 75% of the wishes of the people of this nation. He only has a small base and some corporate cheerleaders. Everyone else just prays the his term will pass swiftly, so we can move on and try to restore some of the damages that he has done.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's when he is speaking generally.
    He wants to be loved and can't bare the thought of an individual responding to his personal "You're fired" with a retort such us "Fuck you, you miserable piece of pig shit."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's when he is speaking generally.
    He wants to be loved and can't bare the thought of an individual responding to his personal "You're fired" with a retort such us "Fuck you, you miserable piece of pig shit."
    LoL

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw this in the headlines yesterday too. I know Chelsea/Bradley Manning was called in before a Grand Jury last month to provide testimony for an indictment the US is working up. I am wondering what charges they will bring against Assange.
    If he is charged with treason, Assange was never a US citizen, and only a US citizen could commit treason against the US.
    If he is charged with espionage, that one is tricky, also. To be a spy, you have to steal information from 1 country on behalf of another. Assange did not steal any information, he only published what was given to him by whistleblowers. And he did not publish anything for another nation, nor was he hired to work for another nation. He was working in the interests of transparency and letting all people know what is being done in their names and with their tax money.
    I know, early on, Assange published materials that where not scanned properly for information that could lead to the actual harm of undercover assets or sources of information. But he did, to his credit, start going through the material he published once he realized the importance of it. I believe that is why he enlisted the help of major media outlets. They provided tons of help with staff to go through some of the bigger leaks.
    I know some people would rather that whistleblowers go through proper in-house channels to bring up their concerns. These channels are substantially rigged, however, in the favor of nothing getting out in the interest of national security. This makes whistleblowing a moot point. I am also unsure of how many folks would be afraid to use the proper channels for fear of being "suicided". When a whistleblower's rationale tells them a violation of our Constitutional rights is happening, or we are being lied to as a matter of course on a daily basis, the option they have that guarantees the word will get out is the press.
    Most major press offices will take material from whistleblowers, but wikileaks is the one which can be damn near anonymous, depending how you submit things. And most of the mainstream media outlets are owned by some of the private interests involved in government scandals and dis-information campaigns.
    If I were to be a whistleblower, wikileaks would be the route I chose. Snowden and Manning made the same call. Punishing Assange for publishing the truth, some of it classified for good reason, and some not for any good reason except embarrassment, sets a dangerous precedent. If we start asking for imprisonment or the death penalty to news publishers, there will never again be another watergate, or even anything remotely similar. If the news already lies to us half the time today, it will be all the time tomorrow. Then it will not be long until our own freedom of speech becomes history, and we get the death penalty for pointing out the obvious lies.
    Even if one doesn't want Assange to be proclaimed a hero, they should be very afraid of him being prosecuted for doing something all news publishers have done in the last century. It will hurt us all, and deprive us of what little rights we still retain under the Constitution.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RadioGod For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (04-12-2019), William (04-13-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The US for most things in life, practices double standards.
    They interfere in the governing of other countries to ensure they get the best results in a topsy-turvy world and if that entails killing non Americans, then so be it.
    On the other hand, when even the chance occurs of an American coming under the cosh in another country, it's an attack on America and must be contained, at enormous costs in cash to American nationals and death to foreigners.
    Which is OK for some, but the bleeding heart actions effected by the USA when an American is killed is hypocritical, to say the least.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (04-12-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The US for most things in life, practices double standards.
    They interfere in the governing of other countries to ensure they get the best results in a topsy-turvy world and if that entails killing non Americans, then so be it.
    On the other hand, when even the chance occurs of an American coming under the cosh in another country, it's an attack on America and must be contained, at enormous costs in cash to American nationals and death to foreigners.
    Which is OK for some, but the bleeding heart actions effected by the USA when an American is killed is hypocritical, to say the least.
    I think it is mostly fake. They use the incidences that they wish to mold public sentiment their way, for what ever purposes they may have. They may care when it is an American life taken in another nation but here on our soil, we are quietly killed every single day by our own nation. When an American dies on foreign soil it is given attention for nefarious purposes in many instances, maybe not all but many. Look at Yemen, we are staving millions, hundreds of thousands have died. No one thought much of it until one man was chopped up in an embassy. We use things like this to lean political opinion.

Hundreds of thousands of us are killed by medical malpractice, bad drugs, and environmental contamination, as well as toxins in the foods we eat and products we use. No one stands up for us in our own nation. We are quietly killed and really no one cares. It is quite sad.