Thread: House votes to reinstate Obama-era net neutrality rules

Senior Member Just AnotherPerson's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

House votes to reinstate Obama-era net neutrality rules

Well here is something that I do care about net neutrality. The House passed a vote on Wednesday. It still has to go through the House but will most likely not pass since the House is GOP controlled. Trump also said if it does pass, he will veto. I think what matters to me here is that congress is listening to the people to some degree and at least trying to pass things like this.

See more at the link https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...utrality-rules

Excerpt:

The House on Wednesday voted to reinstate Obama-era net neutrality rules prohibiting internet service providers from interfering with web traffic.

The bill passed by a 232-190 vote, mostly along party lines. Just one Republican, Rep. Bill Posey (Fla.), voted for the bill.

House Democrats pushed their measure, dubbed the Save the Internet Act, through the chamber in the face of opposition from conservative groups and Republican lawmakers, but the legislation will likely hit a wall in the GOP-controlled Senate.

Earlier this week the White House also came out in opposition with a threat to veto the bill if it makes it to President Trump’s desk.

The bill would reverse the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC) party-line vote in 2017 to repeal the rules prohibiting broadband companies from blocking, throttling or prioritizing certain websites.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Well here is something that I do care about net neutrality. The House passed a vote on Wednesday. It still has to go through the House but will most likely not pass since the House is GOP controlled. Trump also said if it does pass, he will veto. I think what matters to me here is that congress is listening to the people to some degree and at least trying to pass things like this.

See more at the link https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...utrality-rules

Excerpt:

The House on Wednesday voted to reinstate Obama-era net neutrality rules prohibiting internet service providers from interfering with web traffic.

The bill passed by a 232-190 vote, mostly along party lines. Just one Republican, Rep. Bill Posey (Fla.), voted for the bill.

House Democrats pushed their measure, dubbed the Save the Internet Act, through the chamber in the face of opposition from conservative groups and Republican lawmakers, but the legislation will likely hit a wall in the GOP-controlled Senate.

Earlier this week the White House also came out in opposition with a threat to veto the bill if it makes it to President Trump’s desk.

The bill would reverse the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC) party-line vote in 2017 to repeal the rules prohibiting broadband companies from blocking, throttling or prioritizing certain websites.
    I support net neutrality. It would be nice if there was one place where those with the most money don't get to choose what you get to see and hear.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.” Mahatma Gandhi

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (04-11-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    I support net neutrality. It would be nice if there was one place where those with the most money don't get to choose what you get to see and hear.
    I think there are only two types who don't support it. That would be someone who doesn't really understand it, or someone who is corporate controlled. I mean what citizen would want their freedoms to be taken away? LoL.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I think there are only two types who don't support it. That would be someone who doesn't really understand it, or someone who is corporate controlled. I mean what citizen would want their freedoms to be taken away? LoL.
    Those who worship money.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.” Mahatma Gandhi

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (04-14-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Those who worship money.
    Perhaps those who worship money become deaf and dumb. Blinded by greed and willfully ignorant to reality.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (04-14-2019)