User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Texas lawmaker reintroduces bill to allow death penalty for women who have abortions

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Outside of Montreal
    Posts
    161
    Thanks Given
    0
    Thanked 116 Times in 96 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the other place they would say it's all a lie and the US system is the envy of the world, or even better, the planet - or maybe the universe.
    I know where I would rather be treated and I've survived two types of cancer, the first in the UK and the second in Canada.
    I don't have a single complaint over the treatment I received in either country.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

    Just AnotherPerson (04-14-2019)

  3. #12
    Senior Member Just AnotherPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    383
    Thanks Given
    197
    Thanked 103 Times in 92 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    In the other place they would say it's all a lie and the US system is the envy of the world, or even better, the planet - or maybe the universe.
    I know where I would rather be treated and I've survived two types of cancer, the first in the UK and the second in Canada.
    I don't have a single complaint over the treatment I received in either country.
    And believe it or not most Americans would agree with you. At the "other place" they would like you to believe they are the official voice for America, LoL. My aunt is a RN She is the head nurse in an ICU, and even she took her own daughter to Mexico to get surgery. She says that it is the norm, that drs and nurses go to Mexico to get care now.

    I remember watching a Michael Moore vid where he had to take Americans to Cuba to get the care they needed. He is right, what have we come to? I believe it all comes down to greed. It makes it seem like a plan for population control, and if it was not meant to be that way it most certainly has that effect.

    Sorry to hear about the Cancer, you are a survivor. I am glad that you made it through that. That is no joke.
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 04-14-2019 at 03:37 PM.

  4. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Outside of Montreal
    Posts
    161
    Thanks Given
    0
    Thanked 116 Times in 96 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's my understanding that in Quebec all doctors are obliged to spend one day a week by using their qualifications in another environment. My current doctor attends a walk in clinic each Wednesday so anyone without a designated doctor can turn up for treatment but it's done on a first come, first served and can be a long wait for many.
    My previous doctor was on call at a motor racing track each Saturday and another doctor I know attends an ER each week.
    Also, as they are paid by the province, there's no aiming for salary as the main objective although we aren't perfect so I guess there might be a way around that.
    But, I don't hear too many complaints, other than delays in seeing a specialist if the condition is non life threatening and that would be determined at a hospital ER or walk in.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

    Just AnotherPerson (04-14-2019)

  6. #14
    Senior Member Just AnotherPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    383
    Thanks Given
    197
    Thanked 103 Times in 92 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    It's my understanding that in Quebec all doctors are obliged to spend one day a week by using their qualifications in another environment. My current doctor attends a walk in clinic each Wednesday so anyone without a designated doctor can turn up for treatment but it's done on a first come, first served and can be a long wait for many.
    My previous doctor was on call at a motor racing track each Saturday and another doctor I know attends an ER each week.
    Also, as they are paid by the province, there's no aiming for salary as the main objective although we aren't perfect so I guess there might be a way around that.
    But, I don't hear too many complaints, other than delays in seeing a specialist if the condition is non life threatening and that would be determined at a hospital ER or walk in.
    We do something similar here, but I don't know if it is mandatory. But usually dr's do volunteer to work one day a week at a walk in clinic. I don't think it is mandatory though just volunteer. I think it is commonplace here for many dr's to do that.


    A basic dr visit here used to run about 60 dollars US. But now my regular 5min or less dr visits run upwards of 200 to 300. Most of the time they don't even do anything for you. It is amazing that they can charge you so much and not even check you out or order a single test. It is a joke really. We are in need of major reform. Check out this story that I found, it is older but cool. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/26/u...can-teach.html

  7. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Outside of Montreal
    Posts
    161
    Thanks Given
    0
    Thanked 116 Times in 96 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't pay directly for a visit to the doctor, dentist or optician but as they require my medical card, which is scanned, I guess they make a claim for each patient.
    I do have to pay for dental treatment and optics, but can put those costs against my taxable income.
    The site you refer to is interesting but I guess whichever system is in place in any country, there will be flaws. Luckily for me, I haven't encountered them yet.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

    Just AnotherPerson (04-15-2019)

  9. #16
    Administrator Dr. Who's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    836
    Thanks Given
    692
    Thanked 490 Times in 370 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    The show or the book or both? It definitely sounds interesting from the little excerpt I read on Wikipedia.
    The new season of the show begins in June. You could try that. It's very well done. I'm not sure where you can find seasons 1 and 2. The book is supposed to be excellent, but I haven't read it yet.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.” Mahatma Gandhi

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

    Just AnotherPerson (04-15-2019)

  11. #17
    Senior Member Just AnotherPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    383
    Thanks Given
    197
    Thanked 103 Times in 92 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    The new season of the show begins in June. You could try that. It's very well done. I'm not sure where you can find seasons 1 and 2. The book is supposed to be excellent, but I haven't read it yet.
    Thank you I will check it out. :)

  12. #18
    Senior Member Just AnotherPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    383
    Thanks Given
    197
    Thanked 103 Times in 92 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    I don't pay directly for a visit to the doctor, dentist or optician but as they require my medical card, which is scanned, I guess they make a claim for each patient.
    I do have to pay for dental treatment and optics, but can put those costs against my taxable income.
    The site you refer to is interesting but I guess whichever system is in place in any country, there will be flaws. Luckily for me, I haven't encountered them yet.
    You are so right no matter what system is in place there will be some flaws. I think the main problem with my nations medical is just greed.

    So can you get insurance for the dental and optics? How are the prices on those services? You are certainly making a great case for moving to Canada LoL. You guys should build a wall to keep us out. If things keep getting worse you will end up with an immigration problem.

    Hopefully one day the world will not be motivated by greed the way it is now. It is my hope that all nations will prosper because the people of the world deserve to live good lives. I hope it happens.

  13. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Outside of Montreal
    Posts
    161
    Thanks Given
    0
    Thanked 116 Times in 96 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is the time to make myself more clear as I think you have taken my remarks as an indication of medical coverage in Canada as applicible to all. I'm only referring about myself as I'm 78 and fall into the category of Senior Citizen.
    I haven't tried to obtain insurance for dental and optics, which over a period of time would probably cost more than my annual expenses although this wasn't that good a year for me as I paid CAD$1460 for one capped tooth.
    Ooof! We would certainly build a wall, if America paid for it.

  14. #20
    Senior Member Just AnotherPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    383
    Thanks Given
    197
    Thanked 103 Times in 92 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    I think this is the time to make myself more clear as I think you have taken my remarks as an indication of medical coverage in Canada as applicible to all. I'm only referring about myself as I'm 78 and fall into the category of Senior Citizen.
    Yeah I did catch that.

    I haven't tried to obtain insurance for dental and optics, which over a period of time would probably cost more than my annual expenses although this wasn't that good a year for me as I paid CAD$1460 for one capped tooth.
    Ow, that sucks! But I can see not wanting to get coverage for something that you might not always need.

    Ooof! We would certainly build a wall, if America paid for it.
    LoL :)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •