User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas lawmaker reintroduces bill to allow death penalty for women who have abortions

Senior Member Just AnotherPerson's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Texas lawmaker reintroduces bill to allow death penalty for women who have abortions

I was shocked when I read this article.

See more at the link https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...mpression=true

GOP Texas lawmaker reintroduces bill to allow death penalty for women who have abortions

Excerpt:

A Republican state lawmaker in Texas has reintroduced a bill that would criminalize abortion without exception, making it possible for women to be convicted of homicide and sentenced to death for having the procedure.

Texas state Rep. Tony Tinderholt (R) was placed under state protection in 2017 when he first introduced the bill because of the death threats he received, The Washington Post reported Wednesday.

His bill earned its first public hearing this week, and he argued that his intention is to guarantee “equal protection” for life inside and "outside the womb.”

He has previously said that his proposal would completely remove access to abortions and “force” women to be “more personally responsible” with sex.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I was shocked when I read this article.

See more at the link https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...mpression=true

GOP Texas lawmaker reintroduces bill to allow death penalty for women who have abortions

Excerpt:

A Republican state lawmaker in Texas has reintroduced a bill that would criminalize abortion without exception, making it possible for women to be convicted of homicide and sentenced to death for having the procedure.

Texas state Rep. Tony Tinderholt (R) was placed under state protection in 2017 when he first introduced the bill because of the death threats he received, The Washington Post reported Wednesday.

His bill earned its first public hearing this week, and he argued that his intention is to guarantee “equal protection” for life inside and "outside the womb.”

He has previously said that his proposal would completely remove access to abortions and “force” women to be “more personally responsible” with sex.
    Texas must be the place Margaret Atwood was thinking of when she wrote the Handmaid's Tale.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.” Mahatma Gandhi

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (04-11-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Texas must be the place Margaret Atwood was thinking of when she wrote the Handmaid's Tale.
    I have never heard of that book. Interesting just looked it up. There is even a tv series, where the heck have I been? LoL

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (04-14-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I have never heard of that book. Interesting just looked it up. There is even a tv series, where the heck have I been? LoL
    You should check it out - it's really addictive in a dark disturbing way.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.” Mahatma Gandhi

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (04-14-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    You should check it out - it's really addictive in a dark disturbing way.
    The show or the book or both? It definitely sounds interesting from the little excerpt I read on Wikipedia.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet another spurious claim that America is the land of the free.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always maintained that while the conservatives in this country will fight to the bitter end to save the life of an unborn fetus, once it's born, it can die for all they are concerned.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cornwall For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (04-14-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornwall View Post
    I've always maintained that while the conservatives in this country will fight to the bitter end to save the life of an unborn fetus, once it's born, it can die for all they are concerned.
    Preferably from lack of adequate medical care if the unmarried mother is unfortunately destitute.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

Gamewell45 (04-14-2019), Just AnotherPerson (04-14-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornwall View Post
    Exactly! They are fine with killing babies and small children with bombs by the hundreds of thousands. They don't even bat an eye at starving an entire nation. But if a woman has an abortion they should get the death penalty. Such hypocrisy. I think what it really is, is fake, they just use it to make themselves feel like they are doing something righteous. If they save an unborn, then it will help them to sleep at night after they bombed a bunch of babies.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Gamewell45 (04-14-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    Preferably from lack of adequate medical care if the unmarried mother is unfortunately destitute.
    Funny, yet not so funny since you are right. Now days you don't know if you will live or not giving child birth. The baby and the mom might die, it is happening more and more. It used to be a thing of the past, but now we are reversing. Our care is getting worse and worse and worse. The more money we spend on war the less we have to care for the people in our nation. Our medical care on all fronts is killing people of all ages.

It used to be that when you were really sick and if you went to somewhere like the ER they would really check you out and run every single test. But now even if you are really really sick most of the time they wont even help you, not even with a blood draw or an IV. They give you a blood pressure test, and check your temperature, and then the doc comes in and says why are you here. No joke. They send you on your way without any care. I mean none.

So we say everyone is treated, but just admitting you does not count if they don't actually treat you for something. I know people who have many different medical insurance plans and it is like this for all of them. Our care is non existent.

My dads girlfriend has a daughter she had a baby and her dr had told her that she was supposed to have twins, but one never developed. He told her that when she gave birth to her baby that afterwards she would have to give birth to the undeveloped baby as well. But after the birth of her baby the Dr forgot about it. She got really really sick. She was at deaths door. She had lost all control of the muscles in her body, and hadn't eaten for several days and could no longer even produce milk for her baby. Her whole body was shutting down. She had went to the dr every single day, to try and get help. They would just send her home without even checking her out, not even an IV. I didn't know that had been happening my dads GF called me to come help. I went to the Er with them and forced them to admit her. Come to find out she had sepsis from them not delivering the unborn undeveloped baby.

It was not a lack of adequate insurance either. She was on both her mothers and fathers insurance and they were good insurances too. This is just one example. Our medical system is killing us.

I guess the problem is getting so serious that they have to try to pass a bill to get some help.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...hs/2339750002/
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 04-14-2019 at 01:40 PM.