User Tag List

Thread: Bernie Sanders campaign workers unionize, becoming likely first presidential campaign

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bernie Sanders campaign workers unionize, becoming likely first presidential campaign

Bernie Sanders campaign workers have done what is considered a first and that is to completely unionize "wall to wall" by the UFCW.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/3179737002/

Nice to see Bernie practicing what he preaches.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (03-25-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamewell45 View Post
    Bernie Sanders campaign workers have done what is considered a first and that is to completely unionize "wall to wall" by the UFCW.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/3179737002/

Nice to see Bernie practicing what he preaches.
    Yeah that's good. I'm not much of a Bernie fan however, and I keep waiting for Dems to get smart (fat chance right?) and get behind some of these big strikes. Labor's biggest problem is that there is no respect for picket lines anymore as there have no been two generation since Reagan who have been schooled to know nothing about them or what labor's purpose has always been. Bernie yelling about labor and them Dems yelling about it are two different things. Google had international wild cat strikes and teachers and hotel workers have gone out but all we hear are crickets.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jet57 For This Useful Post:

Gamewell45 (03-30-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah that's good. I'm not much of a Bernie fan however, and I keep waiting for Dems to get smart (fat chance right?) and get behind some of these big strikes. Labor's biggest problem is that there is no respect for picket lines anymore as there have no been two generation since Reagan who have been schooled to know nothing about them or what labor's purpose has always been. Bernie yelling about labor and them Dems yelling about it are two different things. Google had international wild cat strikes and teachers and hotel workers have gone out but all we hear are crickets.
    Having spent 19 weeks on strike some years ago, one thing I leaned was if you cannot negatively impact the company's ability to get their product out, its better not to strike and mobilize from within; in other words do legally permissible activities which put pressure on the company to settle the contract with the union. The nice thing about doing that is you are still on the payroll and at the same time making the company's life miserable.

Overtime I believe there will be a resurgence in the labor movement as people learn that they too can have rights in the workplace. It will just take an awakening by today's and tomorrow's workers.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full