Thread: Rant about the media selling us out

Senior Member Just AnotherPerson's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rant about the media selling us out

We all know this already, but I am in the mood for a rant. The media are enemies of the people. Not like what Trump calls fake news. But I mean really. They purposefully omit posting many stories that are of great importance. We have to search out news about our own nation, and dealings, from foreign news at times, because our media simply wont report. Then we are called traitors by our own fellow Americans for daring to seek out the truth.

Some are fine with not hearing the whole truth, and some just wont stand for it, they work to seek what is true. Like the media acts like they are Trump bashers, but in all reality they are his protectors. People are so blinded by their fake hate news. They keep pointing thier finger in the direction of stories that can't really harm him. But if they truly reported on the real stories he would probably be impeached already. But they are not really trying to bring the real truth out.

I mean yeah, they do report lots of good stories and we all use thier services. But we have to know how to discern what part of that story is opinion, and what part is based on facts. If we can do that much we wont be phased by their detractions.

Some things that really get me are like Yemen, they only reported the bare minimum. They failed big time. They left it up to the citizens to do the only real reporting on the atrocious hideous crimes we and the Saudis are undertaking there. I mean it is the worst humanitarian disaster in the whole world right now, and it never even made the front page. I mean really? This makes me livid. If they would have done thier real job, they could have helped to end it.

Then we have Tulsi Gabbard who is speaking out against all corruption. The only air time they will give her is to smear her. It is becuse the media is corporate owned and funded. They want to supress anyone who may be a hindrance to their rape of this nation. God forbid someone wants peace, if you want peace then you are the enemy of the nation. It is the same reason that they wont report on Yemen, it would harm corporate intrests.

The news of old is long dead. Reporting is not to get to the truth, to enlighten the people. It is just corporate run propoganda. It is a shame. Our media are sell outs of the highest order.
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 02-28-2019 at 05:27 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

jet57 (03-09-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think one of the biggest problems was the deregulation of the broadcast industry in the mid-1980's. The elimination of the fairness doctrine threw out equal time rules (lobbied heavily by the NAB); additionally the elimination of the rules pertaining to ownership whereby any person or corporation could own as many broadcast entities as they wanted to and at that point you had the leadership of the broadcast companies being run by lawyers and accountants who had no clue on operations, engineering, news instead focusing on the bottom line and profits. In the case of news, objective reporting went out the window completely and instead reporting became based on the target audience the corporation was seeking.

With the advent of cable and internet news operations, people can now "pick and choose" what news they agree with. At this point it would appear that there is no going back to the way it used to be 40 years ago.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (03-01-2019), jet57 (03-09-2019), Just AnotherPerson (02-28-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your media does not broadcast about world affairs because Americans have been emunised from cradle to grave to believe that only American affairs are of interest to the populas.

It's now a fact that if foreign news that doesn't contain disasters are broadcast, the audience turns off in droves.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (02-28-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    Your media does not broadcast about world affairs because Americans have been emunised from cradle to grave to believe that only American affairs are of interest to the populas.

It's now a fact that if foreign news that doesn't contain disasters are broadcast, the audience turns off in droves.
    Well honestly before Trump became president, there was much more on the news than there is now. We were bombarded with what Obama was doing in the middle east. It was no secret. But now even though more bombs are being dropped than ever, we rarely hear about anything real. We get little bits here and there. But they are vanishing the truth, ensuring that it is out of sight out of mind. It is pretty messed up.

Even if it is something foreign, they will blast it like they do about Russia. They have no problem blasting Russia. But they just show us what they want us to see. It is selective. It is basically being used as propaganda. They were fine with talking about Khashogi, but didn't want to talk about Yemen. Khashogi made the front page, while Yemen was hidden on the back pages. If you didn't know to search for it, you wouldn't find it.

Yeah it just gets me is all.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (03-01-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think you should blame the media for it. They broadcast and print that which sells advertising. It's no use supplying information no one wants. That's a recipe for bankruptcy.

You have to go back to the beginning and teach it in schools. What I notice as a foreigner is the total disinterest of anything outside of the USA and in the other place they actually boast that it's all an irrelevence.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (03-01-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The corporations truly do control the media. We also have many who invest in our media like even Saudi Arabia. Believe it or not they forbid them from running certain stories. They tell the media what they can and cant tell us. I don't feel that they tell us what we want to hear at all. But rather only what they want us to hear. Every now and then, one of the show hosts quits and talks about it. But you don't hear about it enough.

Everyone that I know has an interest in what is happening outside of our nation. I mean the well being of the rest of the world matters just as much as our own. Everyone I know cares, and feels the media is letting us down. I care a lot about what is happening in the rest of the world. I take a lot of time to seek out information. I want to know what my own nation is involving us in. What ever my nation does to the world they do it in my name. The problem is that too many people are just too busy to look up and ask. They are kept so busy that they don't have the time to concern themselves with such matters. It is sad really.
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 03-01-2019 at 02:12 AM.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    It is a true fact though that corporations control the media. We also have many who invest in our media like even Saudi Arabia. Believe it or not they forbid them from running certain stories. They tell the media what they can and cant tell us. I don't feel that they tell us what we want to hear at all. But rather only what they want us to hear. Every now and then, one of the show hosts quits and talks about it. But you don't hear about it enough.

Everyone that I know has an interest in what is happening outside of our nation. I mean the well being of the rest of the world matters just as much as our own. Everyone I know cares, and feels the media is letting us down. I care a lot about what is happening in the rest of the world. I take a lot of time to seek out information. I want to know what my own nation is involving us in. What ever my nation does to the world they do it in my name. The problem is that too many people are just too busy to look up and ask. They are kept so busy that they don't have the time to concern themselves with such matters. It is sad really.
    Fortunately, other media can be accessed via the internet. There is the BBC, the CBC, Reuters, and even Al Jazeera, so anyone who wants to know can be informed. I think the reason is that the US media is so bereft of content these days is that Trump has overwhelmed all other stories. His presidency has become a kind of reality TV show.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.” Mahatma Gandhi

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (03-01-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Fortunately, other media can be accessed via the internet. There is the BBC, the CBC, Reuters, and even Al Jazeera, so anyone who wants to know can be informed. I think the reason is that the US media is so bereft of content these days is that Trump has overwhelmed all other stories. His presidency has become a kind of reality TV show.
    Seriously, thank God for alternate media online. For now..... LoL

The reality show was really entertaining while trump was running for president. But it is not so funny anymore. Now the joke is on us.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (03-03-2019)