Senior Member Just AnotherPerson's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Former staffer sues, says Trump kissed her without consent

See more at the link https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ithout-consent

A former Trump campaign staffer is suing President Donald Trump and his campaign, alleging that the then-Republican presidential candidate kissed her without her consent during the 2016 race. She's also suing over equal pay -- claiming that she was paid less for her work based on race and gender.

While Trump was meeting with volunteers and signing autographs inside the RV, "Ms. Johnson noticed that Defendant Trump was watching her and appeared to be trying to make eye contact with her," the lawsuit alleges.

After Trump was alerted by Secret Service that he was due for his next rally, she urged him "to go in there and 'kick ass.'"

Trump then allegedly grasped her hand and praised her efforts.

"As Defendant Trump spoke, he tightened his grip on Ms. Johnson's hand and leaned towards her. He moved close enough that she could feel his breath on her skin," the lawsuit states. "Ms. Johnson suddenly realized that Defendant Trump was trying to kiss her on the mouth, and attempted to avoid this by turning her head to the right. Defendant Trump kissed her anyway, and the kiss landed on the corner of her mouth."

The lawsuit alleges that several witnesses saw incident, including then-Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, then-State Director Karen Giorno, and Regional Directors Earl "Tony" Ledbetter, Mitch Tyner and Nick Corvino.

The lawsuit alleges that Bondi smiled when the incident occurred and Giorno "grabbed Ms. Johnson's elbow and gave it an approving tug."

JAP responds:
    Of course these are not the only allegations against him, but they are ignored by the public. The point is he is the President of the Unites States of America. He is making a mockery of our nation.https://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-..._10619944.html

You will say innocent until proven guilty. But shouldn't we find out if it is true or not? Shouldn't we give these women a chance to prove their stories? It is also that they are liars until proven right. But we wont allow them the day in court to prove it right, so they are liars without due process.
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 02-27-2019 at 11:57 PM.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    See more at the link https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ithout-consent

A former Trump campaign staffer is suing President Donald Trump and his campaign, alleging that the then-Republican presidential candidate kissed her without her consent during the 2016 race. She's also suing over equal pay -- claiming that she was paid less for her work based on race and gender.

While Trump was meeting with volunteers and signing autographs inside the RV, "Ms. Johnson noticed that Defendant Trump was watching her and appeared to be trying to make eye contact with her," the lawsuit alleges.

After Trump was alerted by Secret Service that he was due for his next rally, she urged him "to go in there and 'kick ass.'"

Trump then allegedly grasped her hand and praised her efforts.

"As Defendant Trump spoke, he tightened his grip on Ms. Johnson's hand and leaned towards her. He moved close enough that she could feel his breath on her skin," the lawsuit states. "Ms. Johnson suddenly realized that Defendant Trump was trying to kiss her on the mouth, and attempted to avoid this by turning her head to the right. Defendant Trump kissed her anyway, and the kiss landed on the corner of her mouth."

The lawsuit alleges that several witnesses saw incident, including then-Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, then-State Director Karen Giorno, and Regional Directors Earl "Tony" Ledbetter, Mitch Tyner and Nick Corvino.

The lawsuit alleges that Bondi smiled when the incident occurred and Giorno "grabbed Ms. Johnson's elbow and gave it an approving tug."

JAP responds:
    Of course these are not the only allegations against him, but they are ignored by the public. The point is he is the President of the Unites States of America. He is making a mockery of our nation. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-..._10619944.html

You will say innocent until proven guilty. But shouldn't we find out if it is true or not? Shouldn't we give these women a chance to prove their stories? It is also that they are liars until proven right. But we wont allow them the day in court to prove it right, so they are liars without due process.
    To be honest, it does't surprise me since trump is a well known letch & cheater to boot. I think it'll be interesting to see where the allegations lead to and the end result.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (02-26-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamewell45 View Post
    To be honest, it does't surprise me since trump is a well known letch & cheater to boot. I think it'll be interesting to see where the allegations lead to and the end result.
    I don't really mind that he cheats, or even that he was with prostitutes. It comes with the territory. A lot of super wealthy men do this, and women. Not to mention many political relationships are just for show or position. But I do believe the sexual assault "allegations" should be investigated especially the ones that teenage girls have brought forth. For sure innocent until proven guilty, but it does deserve investigated. I don't follow these stories much because they are pretty awful. But sadly it is the news.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I don't really mind that he cheats, or even that he was with prostitutes. It comes with the territory. A lot of super wealthy men do this, and women. Not to mention many political relationships are just for show or position. But I do believe the sexual assault "allegations" should be investigated especially the ones that teenage girls have brought forth. For sure innocent until proven guilty, but it does deserve investigated. I don't follow these stories much because they are pretty awful. But sadly it is the news.
    I would tend to agree, especially if the person (whether male or female) is underage and like you say, the innocent are such until proven guilty.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (02-26-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's disgusting. However, filing a lawsuit because someone kissed you is a bit frivolous. The first route to take in terms of unwanted touching or kissing is to call the police because it's a form of assault. To wait and then sue always comes across as self-serving i.e. someone looking for a payday. In this case, combining it with a pay equity case just makes it look even more like someone who is hoping for a settlement. Why would you wait 3 years to pursue a pay equity issue?

I'm sorry I couldn't read the linked stories. One link no longer works and I can't find the story on the other.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.” Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    He's disgusting. However, filing a lawsuit because someone kissed you is a bit frivolous. The first route to take in terms of unwanted touching or kissing is to call the police because it's a form of assault. To wait and then sue always comes across as self-serving i.e. someone looking for a payday. In this case, combining it with a pay equity case just makes it look even more like someone who is hoping for a settlement. Why would you wait 3 years to pursue a pay equity issue?

I'm sorry I couldn't read the linked stories. One link no longer works and I can't find the story on the other.
    Hey that is weird the links are not working. I have had that happen before. I find that if I do a search online the article still exists but for some reason the link wont work. They were awful stories anyways so I wont look for them again. They were pretty sick.

But you are right it is pretty frivolous. I have had worse done to me, and I have never thought of turning anyone in. But maybe since he is the President it does matter, since it is a testament to his character, and does give more validity to his other accusers. If in fact it is true at all that is. I am never satisfied when people sue rather than seek real justice like jail time prosecution, and what not. I would think that for most people if they were harmed in an awful way, that they wouldn't want paid for it. But would want real justice. But in this case it does make some sense if it is in fact true because he is untouchable and it may be the only way to get to him for it. So who knows. But you are right and I do agree though.

But I think it matter because he is our President, and we should know his character. But that is kind of funny to say, like we need any more proof. LoL.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (02-28-2019)