User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smocking Gun

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    P.S. Also, at least when I was involved in it, the shutting of the market didn't prevent the sales and purchases of stocks but only the real time market quotes so on the reopening the price difference could still be dramatic.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (12-14-2018)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    P.S. Also, at least when I was involved in it, the shutting of the market didn't prevent the sales and purchases of stocks but only the real time market quotes so on the reopening the price difference could still be dramatic.
    I don't know how effective it is but "The exchanges and FINRA have rules in place to take coordinated action to control market volatility for the benefit of investors. Those rules call for a pause in the trading of a single stock across all markets when the price changes by a certain percentage over the preceding five minutes, and for a market-wide trading halt when the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) declines by specified percentages." http://www.finra.org/investors/alert...-interruptions
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.” Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    They become smarter after they realise they can't get away with it again. There were no prosecutions surrounding the last stock market crash when those who helped instigate it not only got away with the crime but became richer because of it.
    I'm sure we'll find out in the next couple of weeks how things turn out for the stock market. If, in the event that it continues to tank, I wonder what, if anything Trump will do as far as economic policy goes.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full