User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Hello there

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Outside of Montreal
    Posts
    148
    Thanks Given
    0
    Thanked 112 Times in 92 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Well, I guess aeguy63 is not that interested in discussions 'with both like minded and opposing views'. Those were his only two posts.
    Perhaps he felt outnumbered and with the inability to hunt in packs.

  2. #12
    Administrator Gamewell45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    462
    Thanks Given
    221
    Thanked 333 Times in 258 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Well, I guess aeguy63 is not that interested in discussions 'with both like minded and opposing views'. Those were his only two posts.
    I think one of the problems is that there isn't much "action" in here; very few people post and I can see people, especially new ones losing interest. We need the current members in here posting and discussing topics on a regular basis. It's pretty easy to stop in at least once per day and either discuss a topic or start a new one. Can't hurt to ask your friends to join our ranks, whether they be liberals or conservatives; that's how good forums are built.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full

  3. #13
    Senior Member William's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    107
    Thanks Given
    44
    Thanked 65 Times in 49 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamewell45 View Post
    I think one of the problems is that there isn't much "action" in here; very few people post and I can see people, especially new ones losing interest. We need the current members in here posting and discussing topics on a regular basis. It's pretty easy to stop in at least once per day and either discuss a topic or start a new one. Can't hurt to ask your friends to join our ranks, whether they be liberals or conservatives; that's how good forums are built.
    You are right, and I am one of the worst offenders. I stop by often, but I look for posts I can reply to - when I should be making posts. My problem is everyone here knows loads more than me, so I find it hard to contribute. I will try to make topics, even if it is pretty silly stuff.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to William For This Useful Post:

    Gamewell45 (12-22-2018)

  5. #14
    Junior Member aeguy63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    Posts
    9
    Thanks Given
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi william, here is post #3. Unfortunately, between being back in school, working doubles at my job- surfing the internet for pleasure has unfortunately been placed on the back burner. To that end, I have asked friends of mine to join this forum to expand the membership base of both sides. For a new poster to walk in here, they are essentially walking in to a one sided argument. I donít mind Opposing Viewpoints at all, but when there is not an adaquate amount of contributors on both sides of the political spectrum- one could see how it could get old quickly. Merry Christmas!

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeguy63 For This Useful Post:

    Gamewell45 (12-22-2018), William (01-06-2019)

  7. #15
    Member jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    71
    Thanks Given
    54
    Thanked 56 Times in 41 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamewell45 View Post
    I think one of the problems is that there isn't much "action" in here; very few people post and I can see people, especially new ones losing interest. We need the current members in here posting and discussing topics on a regular basis. It's pretty easy to stop in at least once per day and either discuss a topic or start a new one. Can't hurt to ask your friends to join our ranks, whether they be liberals or conservatives; that's how good forums are built.
    I'm guilty! I stop in from time to time, like today, but nothing seems to be going on. I look to reply as well instead of posting. I've been advertising the site on debate politics but it doesn't seem to have generated any new members that I can see. I'll just have to make a resolution to come in and post more. I've got a thread I'd like to start but I';m still pondering how I want to do it.

    Do we have staunch conservatives or staunch leftists here as well?

  8. #16
    Administrator Gamewell45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    462
    Thanks Given
    221
    Thanked 333 Times in 258 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm guilty! I stop in from time to time, like today, but nothing seems to be going on. I look to reply as well instead of posting. I've been advertising the site on debate politics but it doesn't seem to have generated any new members that I can see. I'll just have to make a resolution to come in and post more. I've got a thread I'd like to start but I';m still pondering how I want to do it.

    Do we have staunch conservatives or staunch leftists here as well?
    just one staunch conservative; the rest are all either moderates or staunch leftists. many of them are forum members over in tPF side as well. I think if a few staunch conservatives joined the forum, it might make the difference and more would participate here.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full

  9. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    7
    Thanks Given
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Hello, and welcome to the board @aeguy63, it's very early in the morning where I live, so don't expect any brilliant insights.

    I am not an American, I am still in high school, and I have no political opinion of DJT (I guess you mean your current President), so I guess that puts me into the category of those in between like minded and opposing. But as a public figure, I find your President arrogant, ill-mannered, rude, insensitive, and amazingly poorly educated for someone in that high office (like he barely speaks English). Maybe he is doing the best job he can, but given who and what he is - is that really enough for a great country like yours?

    Lol, I guess this could be the start of an interesting discussion.
    At the very least, Donald Trump does not seem to be a warmongering pedophile who sacrifices infants as part of an initiation ritual into elite secret society, so he has that going for him...

  10. #18
    Senior Member William's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    107
    Thanks Given
    44
    Thanked 65 Times in 49 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aeguy63 View Post
    Hi william, here is post #3. Unfortunately, between being back in school, working doubles at my job- surfing the internet for pleasure has unfortunately been placed on the back burner. To that end, I have asked friends of mine to join this forum to expand the membership base of both sides. For a new poster to walk in here, they are essentially walking in to a one sided argument. I donít mind Opposing Viewpoints at all, but when there is not an adaquate amount of contributors on both sides of the political spectrum- one could see how it could get old quickly. Merry Christmas!
    Hi @aeguy63, I'm happy to see you are back. You are right to say there is not enough membership here, and we need different views. But I think a new poster on any site walks into dangerous territory. I am a long term member of another forum which, as far as I can see, has become a total right wing echo site, and there's lots of piling on if you are not a President Trump supporter. Doesn't bother me much, cos like I said, I'm not an American, I'm not old enough to vote in my own country, and I don't know enough to be party political (and there are some nice people there).

    But, just for interest sake, I would like to hear why you like having this man as your Head of State. I understand that your country is doing well under his leadership, but I am also told that these things do not happen overnight - and much of the work was done by the previous administration. That sounds reasonable to me, but what do you think?

    One of the reasons I come here and to the other board is to learn about the world, and I have learnt loads in the just over two years I have been on these boards. BTW, what do you mean when you say "Back in school"? Is that like in high school, or university, or tech college?

    And thanks for the Christmas wish, I hope you had a Merry Christmas too!

  11. #19
    Senior Member William's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    107
    Thanks Given
    44
    Thanked 65 Times in 49 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    At the very least, Donald Trump does not seem to be a warmongering pedophile who sacrifices infants as part of an initiation ritual into elite secret society, so he has that going for him...
    Lol - yes I agree. He's also not Adolph Hitler, or Josef Stalin, or Pol Pot - he has that going for him. But is that really a great recommendation?

    I had to Google it, but that's a bit like Alexander Pope's advice to Doctor Arbuthnot (1733) -

    "Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer."

    And just out of interest - which Head of State 'sacrifices infants as part of an initiation ritual into elite secret society'?

  12. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    7
    Thanks Given
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Lol - yes I agree. He's also not Adolph Hitler, or Josef Stalin, or Pol Pot - he has that going for him. But is that really a great recommendation?

    I had to Google it, but that's a bit like Alexander Pope's advice to Doctor Arbuthnot (1733) -

    "Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer, and, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer."

    And just out of interest - which Head of State 'sacrifices infants as part of an initiation ritual into elite secret society'?
    It's hard to know for sure who is guilty of what, given the nature of secret societies. But where there is smoke, there is fire.



    (The Guardian) Police say there were grounds to suspect Edward Heath over child abuse claims

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •