Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello there

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    It's hard to know for sure who is guilty of what, given the nature of secret societies. But where there is smoke, there is fire.

(The Guardian) Police say there were grounds to suspect Edward Heath over child abuse claims
    I understand the point you are making - child abuse is often, not covered up - but so hidden that it is almost impossible to prosecute.

But my point was that neither the people involved with Boys Town, nor Sir Edward Heath, were Heads of State (the Head of State of the UK is currently Queen Elizabeth II).

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Hi @aeguy63, I'm happy to see you are back. You are right to say there is not enough membership here, and we need different views. But I think a new poster on any site walks into dangerous territory. I am a long term member of another forum which, as far as I can see, has become a total right wing echo site, and there's lots of piling on if you are not a President Trump supporter. Doesn't bother me much, cos like I said, I'm not an American, I'm not old enough to vote in my own country, and I don't know enough to be party political (and there are some nice people there).

But, just for interest sake, I would like to hear why you like having this man as your Head of State. I understand that your country is doing well under his leadership, but I am also told that these things do not happen overnight - and much of the work was done by the previous administration. That sounds reasonable to me, but what do you think?

One of the reasons I come here and to the other board is to learn about the world, and I have learnt loads in the just over two years I have been on these boards. BTW, what do you mean when you say "Back in school"? Is that like in high school, or university, or tech college?

And thanks for the Christmas wish, I hope you had a Merry Christmas too!
    Thank you William for the welcome! (and sorry for the bump)