Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gallup Poll show's Trumps numbers as being dismal

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gallup Poll show's Trumps numbers as being dismal

The Gallup poll has come out with updated popularity numbers for the President and things are looking dismal for the President; Trumps rating approval stands at 39% approval and 56% disapproval. Now I realize that the only truly accurate poll is the one conducted on election day however its always nice to do a comparison when ratings come out.

Rasmussen's poll numbers came out and they have Trump at 48% favorable and 50% whereas YouGov showed his numbers at 41% favorable and 49% disapproval of Trump's performance. In fact if you read his performance levels compared to past presidents back to Harry Truman, you'll find that all of them had better ratings then they do under Trump.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Docthehun (08-14-2018), Dr. Who (08-14-2018)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still can't believe that anyone likes him at all. His fans must have to really work at suspending disbelief.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.” Mahatma Gandhi

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Crepitus (08-15-2018), Docthehun (08-15-2018), Safety (08-17-2018)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    I still can't believe that anyone likes him at all. His fans must have to really work at suspending disbelief.
    As long as he's against brown people they don't care.
    Retreating? Hell no, I'm just attacking in a different direction!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crepitus For This Useful Post:

Docthehun (08-15-2018), Dr. Who (08-15-2018), Safety (08-17-2018)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    As long as he's against brown people they don't care.
    So many simply dismiss the fact that Trump is an ignorant pig and a blowhard and say "Look what he's done for the economy!" Of course most of the positives in that area are the result of trends nearly a decade in the making, and the pennies his administration's tax policies have tossed to the middle class are (literally) chump change compared to what the super-rich are garnering from them. When it's pointed out that his trade tariffs - wielded by Trump like an angry toddler waves a toy sword - stand to cause a net six-digit job loss, it's dismissed as "fake news". Of course the thing they really get excited about is that he's not "lying Hillary" - who, if she'd been elected, to hear them tell it, would have made Antifa a separate branch of the Armed Forces, confiscated all personal firearms, made abortion mandatory for all conservatives and appointed Rachel Maddow, Alec Baldwin and Oprah to the Supreme Court. In their imaginations, whatever Cheeto Jesus does, it's preferable to what might have been had he lost the election.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DougRich For This Useful Post:

Docthehun (08-15-2018), Dr. Who (08-15-2018)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with polls is that the desired response is relative to the way the questions are formulated.
    I wouldn't trust a single one of them, since those who commission them probably don't publish the results if they don't agree with them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

Docthehun (08-15-2018)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    The problem with polls is that the desired response is relative to the way the questions are formulated.
    I wouldn't trust a single one of them, since those who commission them probably don't publish the results if they don't agree with them.
    The reduction of opinion to yes or no responses or gradations of how much one likes something are not terribly informative. You are correct, a question can be phrased in such a way as to exclude negative responses.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.” Mahatma Gandhi

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Docthehun (08-15-2018)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougRich View Post
    So many simply dismiss the fact that Trump is an ignorant pig and a blowhard and say "Look what he's done for the economy!" Of course most of the positives in that area are the result of trends nearly a decade in the making, and the pennies his administration's tax policies have tossed to the middle class are (literally) chump change compared to what the super-rich are garnering from them. When it's pointed out that his trade tariffs - wielded by Trump like an angry toddler waves a toy sword - stand to cause a net six-digit job loss, it's dismissed as "fake news". Of course the thing they really get excited about is that he's not "lying Hillary" - who, if she'd been elected, to hear them tell it, would have made Antifa a separate branch of the Armed Forces, confiscated all personal firearms, made abortion mandatory for all conservatives and appointed Rachel Maddow, Alec Baldwin and Oprah to the Supreme Court. In their imaginations, whatever Cheeto Jesus does, it's preferable to what might have been had he lost the election.
    The economic trends you mention are all slowing as well.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Crepitus For This Useful Post:

Docthehun (08-16-2018)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    The economic trends you mention are all slowing as well.
    When that happens, if Trump is still in office, I'm certain he/they will be blaming it on "obstructionist Democrats", the media, the intelligence community, Sharknado attacks...you name it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DougRich For This Useful Post:

Crepitus (08-16-2018)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When that happens, if Trump is still in office, I'm certain he/they will be blaming it on "obstructionist Democrats", the media, the intelligence community, Sharknado attacks...you name it.
    Undocumented zombie migrants.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol@ Sharknado. Quite possibly some of the worst movies ever made and I just can't get enough of them.

What the hell is wrong with me?