Thread: Why Evangelicals easily reject environmentalism

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why Evangelicals easily reject environmentalism

This is a quote from such a person regarding environmentalism:

No, my faith is in the One who died on the Cross at Calvary and shed His blood for my sins, and the sins of mankind. Contrary to popular belief, there is absolutely ZERO good in mankind and his efforts, according to the prophets, are as "filthy rags" meaning they will never earn him favor with God. Now I do understand the value of good stewardship, but to take it to an obsessive extreme like environazi whackjobs do, is not the way to go about it. Because this present world WILL be destroyed by God's hand, and a new one (Rev. 22) will emerge in its place, unravaged by the curse of Sin.
    It never occurred to me before that the belief that the world will be destroyed by God is a reason to allow it to be laid waste by irresponsible practices. It reminds me of someone I know who was so persuaded at one point that the world would end on X date, that he took out loans that he didn't think he would have to repay. Unfortunately for him, the world didn't end.

How many of these people are in government and are actually making policy on this basis?
    Last edited by Dr. Who; 07-03-2018 at 11:45 PM.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.” Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in the '70s, during one of my brief flirtations with one evangelical denomination or the other, I can remember a man who was leading the Bible study one night talking about how sending missionaries out to help those in foreign countries with food, medical aid, etc., were actually working against "God's plan" by delaying the horrendous End Times conditions that would signal the Second Coming.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured…but not everyone must prove they are a citizen. And now, any of those who refuse, or are unable, to prove they are citizens will receive free insurance paid for by those who are forced to buy insurance because they are citizens.”

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougRich View Post
    Back in the '70s, during one of my brief flirtations with one evangelical denomination or the other, I can remember a man who was leading the Bible study one night talking about how sending missionaries out to help those in foreign countries with food, medical aid, etc., were actually working against "God's plan" by delaying the horrendous End Times conditions that would signal the Second Coming.
    Yikes. I wonder if this sort of thing is reflective of the majority of evangelicals or just a minority?
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.” Mahatma Gandhi