User Tag List

Thread: Diplomats pushed Ukraine to investigate, dangled Trump visit

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diplomats pushed Ukraine to investigate, dangled Trump visit

........and the beat goes on. Can it get any worse for the president?

WASHINGTON (AP) — Top U.S. diplomats encouraged Ukraine’s newly elected president to conduct an investigation linked to Joe Biden’s family in return for a high-profile visit to Washington with President Donald Trump. It soon escalated into what one feared was a “crazy” swap that risked vital U.S. military aid.

That’s according to a cache of text messages released late Thursday by House investigators following a 10-hour interview with one of the diplomats, Kurt Volker, who stepped down as special envoy to Ukraine amid the Democrats’ impeachment inquiry.

The pages lay out the raw contours of a potential quid-pro-quo exchange — Trump gets his political investigation of a top Democratic rival in return for some price to be paid by the new Ukraine leader — now at the heart of the House investigation.

https://www.apnews.com/bab6ca5a6f39431ea2fbf98c73107917
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be futile to believe that what has come to light so far is all there is in this corrupt presidency.
    What he has done in this field is only an extension of his corrupt life and mafia don tactics prior to his election.
    But this is not one of his companies where he can hide the facts by obfuscation. Dirt is dirt and tends to be in more places than one with too many people in the know to keep secrets. Now that the flood gates are opening the rush of evidence may be far too difficult to manage.
    I hope so. But the clean up is going to take some time before it is contained. Trump has shown to people who aren't much interested in politics what goes on behind the scenes and it's now up to the American voter to indicate if he or she is going to accept or reject the new norm.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

Gamewell45 (10-04-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect (and I could be wrong) that we will see change in administrations in 2020. I think many voters both republican and democrat, are fed up with Trump and since it's highly unlikely that a republican challenger to replace Trump would win, the democrats have an excellent opportunity to make change. Only time will tell I think.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full