User Tag List

Thread: Farmers Reel After Sonny Perdue Mocks Them As ‘Whiners’ Amid Trade War Bankruptcies

Senior Member Just AnotherPerson's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Farmers Reel After Sonny Perdue Mocks Them As ‘Whiners’ Amid Trade War Bankruptcies

Way to say thank you to some of the most important people in the world. Those who put foods on our tables.

See more at the link https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sonny...b0c63bcbec0c10

Excerpt:

America’s farmers have apparently been demoted by the Trump administration from “great patriots” to “whiners,” according to a tone-deaf joke by Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue. Farmers, struggling with plunging income and bankruptcies amid President Donald Trump’s trade war, were stunned.

Perdue made the joke while getting heat last week from Minnesota farmers complaining about, among other things, the latest blow to their businesses from the trade war. China has canceled all purchases of U.S. farm products in retaliation for Trump’s decision to impose 10% tariffs on $300 billion in Chinese imports.

At a Farmfest listening session with farmers in Minnesota, Perdue hit back at the complaints with his joke: “What do you call two farmers in a basement? A whine cellar.”
    As he pounded the table in mirth, some of the thousands of farmers at the event laughed nervously — which was followed by boos.

“It was definitely not an appropriate thing to say,” Minnesota Farmers Union President Gary Wertish told HuffPost. “It was very insensitive. It took everyone by surprise. He doesn’t understand what farmers are dealing with, and he’s the head of the Department of Agriculture. He’s supposed to be working for farmers.”

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see if this impacts his re-election. This is a major demographic that got him elected last election.

I think it will, kind of been saying that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (08-14-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Let's see if this impacts his re-election. This is a major demographic that got him elected last election.

I think it will, kind of been saying that.
    I am not sure at all honestly. I know if it is up to the citizens he wont get re elected but that is not how it really works. He has done a lot for the 1% so who knows really. Unless we fix our flawed voting system and find a way to prevent hacking. It is hard to be sure of anything. There were so many things that I thought would impact him, but he is like a duck in the water, shit just rolls off his back. He is pretty hardcore.

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I am not sure at all honestly. I know if it is up to the citizens he wont get re elected but that is not how it really works. He has done a lot for the 1% so who knows really. Unless we fix our flawed voting system and find a way to prevent hacking. It is hard to be sure of anything. There were so many things that I thought would impact him, but he is like a duck in the water, shit just rolls off his back. He is pretty hardcore.
    He won with something like 2.5m or more short of the popular vote, these demographics who got him elected are important and he's been alienating a lot of them.

Now if any of the DNC candidates were smart, and they're not, they would try to capitalize on this. Win some of that base that got Trump elected.

They're not smart, they're too busy playing the identity politics, entitlements and now the gun control game.
    my junk is ugly

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (08-14-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He won with something like 2.5m or more short of the popular vote, these demographics who got him elected are important and he's been alienating a lot of them.

Now if any of the DNC candidates were smart, and they're not, they would try to capitalize on this. Win some of that base that got Trump elected.

They're not smart, they're too busy playing the identity politics, entitlements and now the gun control game.
    Honestly I don't even believe there is such a thing as party. As far as I see it they are both the same. That is kind of why I like Tulsi, she is hated by both parties. LoL. In the other forum I was called a leftist daily, no matter how many times I repeat I have no party, I am still called it.

If I have to choose a party, I am a humanitarian. I have no party. Yes Dems are stupid, and corrupt as all hell, and so are Repubs.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (08-15-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Honestly I don't even believe there is such a thing as party. As far as I see it they are both the same. That is kind of why I like Tulsi, she is hated by both parties. LoL. In the other forum I was called a leftist daily, no matter how many times I repeat I have no party, I am still called it.

If I have to choose a party, I am a humanitarian. I have no party. Yes Dems are stupid, and corrupt as all hell, and so are Repubs.
    If I could have registered as an anarchist I would have but I'm a registered independent, have been for many years now (or a libertarian, been in a few states along the way, only so many party choices from state to state).

But I don't vote anymore, it's a charade.
    my junk is ugly

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (08-15-2019)

Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I could have registered as an anarchist I would have but I'm a registered independent, have been for many years now (or a libertarian, been in a few states along the way, only so many party choices from state to state).

But I don't vote anymore, it's a charade.
    That is understandable. I used to feel the same way, and yes it is a charade 100%. It is kind of annoying during campaigning time because you know the whole dang thing is so fake. But good thing I already liked Tulsi since 2016. I am glad I liked her in advance because even her politicking is not to my taste.
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 08-15-2019 at 02:57 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (08-15-2019)