PDA

View Full Version : Whitney Young leaves WPXY radio citing equal pay dispute

Gamewell45
07-14-2019, 09:21 AM
Whitney Young, morning co-host at WPXY-FM in Rochester, NY abruptly left her job as morning co-host when job negotiations for higher pay did not come to fruition according to USA Today newspaper.

"Whitney Young, a former morning radio show host, announced on social media Thursday that she was leaving WPXY-FM radio, citing an equal pay dispute.

Young, who teamed with Corey James from 5:30 to 10 a.m. weekdays to host #TeamPXY, said, "I choose to leave my position as morning show host, because my male co-host's salary was nearly double my own, and I was unable to negotiate a raise that would reduce the pay disparity."

She continued, "This inequality is in conflict with my most deeply held beliefs."

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2019/07/11/whitney-young-leaves-wpxy-radio-citing-equal-pay-dispute-rochester-ny-corey-james/1709593001/

All the more reason why people need to give serious consideration to organizing under the banner of a union. In unions, pay is not based on sex but instead the type of work one does regardless of sex. Wake up America!